Mobile Interaction : Human Computer Interaction Design
Amit Singh Yadav
became rarely popular!
in countries like Swedenhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e522NK7gcM
Currently, 4.55 billion!
mobile phone users !
and 1.75 billion!
Seven waves of Mobile Computing
Distinctive features of Mobile Interactions
Limited Input - Output capabilities (Keyboard, Screen,
Processing Power etc.)!
Context has much deeper effect on mobile interaction!
Human Factors !
• Information about the user
• User’s social environment
• User’s tasks (current activity, goals, etc.)
Physical Environment !
• Physical conditions
• Kjeldskov, Jesper (2013): Mobile Computing. In: Soegaard, Mads and Dam, Rikke Friis (eds.). "The Encyclopedia of Human-Computer
Interaction, 2nd Ed.". Aarhus, Denmark: The Interaction Design Foundation. Available online at http://www.interaction-design.org/
• Chittaro L. Distinctive aspects of mobile interaction and their implications for the design of multimodal interfaces. Journal on
Multimodal User Interfaces 3, 3 (2010), 157-165.
• Chittaro, Luca “Designing Visual User Interfaces for Mobile Applications”. Available at dl.acm.org/ft_gateway.cfm?id=199655
• Marcus, Aaaron “Mobile User-Experience Design Trends”