AMIT MAHAJAN Page 1 of 5
Current: 19/II/14 Heinestrasse, Vienna, 1020, Austria PH:+ 43 6811 0544 537
Permanent: 267 Via Dei Mille, Messina, 98100, Italy PH: + 39 0902 932 520
• Over 15 years of multicultural, international working experience in the private and public sector.
• Varied experience – Social & marketing research, marketing, cause marketing, business development,
corporate social responsibility, project management, programme management, fund raising, resource
mobilization, proposal development, creative partnership solutions, entrepreneurship etc.
• 11 years practical experience in social/marketing research dealing with qualitative and quantitative
research methods, adhoc/ customized study designs, questionnaire design, fieldwork planning,
statistical interpretation, report writing and presentations. Researched across consumer goods and
services, companies, brands, b2b and social issues.
• Wide experience in marketing international brands, social issues and causes at an international level.
• Creative approach to business development, partnerships, networking and marketing.
• Entrepreneurial, leadership, self driven, proactive problem solving and outgoing personality.
• Positive attitude to challenges, dynamic, proactive and committed to results.
• Prince II qualified project manager with experience in managing large projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft office package, internet, knowledge of other software like web design, SPSS etc.
2005 MBA – Post Graduate Diploma in Management : All India Management Association, India
1993 Bachelors of Arts (sociology, political Sc. & public admin.) : Osmania University, India
1992 Higher National Diploma in Business Studies (3 years) : Harare Polytechnic, Zimbabwe
2005 Prince II Foundation Diploma in Project Management : Office of Government Commerce, UK
2005 UNDP ARMADA training (intensive 2 weeks training) : UNDP, Bonn, Germany
Training on procurement, law, UNDP procedures, programme management and resource mobilization.
2006 UNDP certification in Field Security, Risk Management, Analyzing Strategic Options, Gender and HIV.
2009 Fund raising and communications certificate : Bhawans College, India
2009 Appreciation course on Nutrition and Sustainable development : Indra Gandhi University, India
03/ 2009 – 11/2009 Microsoft Eurasia, Middle East and Africa
Strategic Partnerships/ CSR Consultant
Focus Areas: Business networking, Market research, SWOT analysis, CSR engagement strategy and execution,
partnership building with government and donors, technical assistance and solutions development.
• Conducted full country market study – Algeria, Libya and Kenya
• Assessed development goals, strategy, policy and commitments of government and donors.
• Developed partnership engagement strategy for Microsoft’s CSR program with key government
ministries and officials, donors, UN and the banks.
• Developed creative solutions with partners in Kenya – Office of the President, UN, USAID, AfDB
• Developed strategic solutions for Microsoft technology to be showcased – Prison reform, Early
Warning Systems, Entrepreneurial portal, Parliamentarian portals
07/ 2007 – 11/2009 Entrepreneur, Vienna, Austria
Strategic Partnerships/ Business and management Consultant
Focus Areas: Business/ marketing consultancy, marketing research support, partnership, NGO development.
• Consulted SMEs/ Entrepreneurs and startups in marketing, marketing research and business
development in India, Austria, Romania, Middle East, Finland and Africa.
• Supported marketing research agency on health, hospitals and consumer goods in the Gulf.
• Built trade leads for Indian IT companies in Europe for outsourcing ICT and BPO services.
• Provided consultancy to NGOs on programme development, CSR tracking, resource mobilization.
• Launched my own business social networking site for professionals (BETA Stage)
AMIT MAHAJAN Page 2 of 5
• Launched the web portal http://http://www.act2free.com to help trace missing and trafficked people.
• Helped generate project worth $ 50,000 in renewable energy in Romania
04/ 2007 – 04/ 2008 United Nations Office for Drugs and Crime, Vienna, Austria
Strategic Partnership/ Resource Mobilization/ Private Sector Partnerships Specialist Consultant
Focus Areas: Social marketing, corporate social responsibility, research business process and supply chain,
marketing research, resource mobilization/fund raising, public private partnerships, communication, event
management, project management, anti human trafficking, woman & child protection & empowerment.
• Create partnerships & mobilize resources from multilaterals, especially from the nontraditional sector.
• Create a global resource mobilization strategy for UN.GIFT
• Create a global communication strategy for the cause and for the UN.GIFT project in particular.
• Engage with the nontraditional partners to adopt anti human trafficking policies.
• UN Coordination on anti human trafficking with the private sector.
• Research CSR programs of MNCs and develop opportunities for involvement in UN.GIFT
• Created partnerships and mobilized resources ($300,000) with Fortune 500 Companies like Microsoft,
GAP, Manpower, TATA, McCann Erickson, Marie Claire, BBC, ARTOC, Suez Bank, World Economic
Forum, Ricky Martin Foundation, Prince of Wales International Business Leader’s Forum and NGOs.
• Helped create UN.GIFT partnership with Ted Turner’s $1 Billion UN Foundation and UNFIP
• Coorganized the UN.GIFT South Asia and the Vienna Forum events.
• Created the private sector roundtables and forum for UN.GIFT.
• Created UN.GIFT brand and proposed a system of supply chain certification and trade mark for
trafficking free products.
09/ 2005 – 04/ 2007 United Nations Development Programme, Lusaka, Zambia
Strategic Partnership/ Resource Mobilization/ Programme Capacity Development Specialist
Focus Areas: Strategic partnerships, project management, MDGs, environment, heatlh, HIV&AIDS,
communication, resource mobilization, donor research, CSR, donor management, Paris Principles, programme
monitoring & evaluation, UN Cofinancing partnerships, 1UN, UN harmonization, elections, egovernance,
capacity development, programme management support.
• Provide programme support to the office
• Mobilize resources from bilateral and multilateral partners.
• Identify new opportunity areas and partners for UNDP Zambia to engage in and with.
• Provide management support to the top management in UNDP Zambia.
• Led the programme management support unit in UNDP; monitored programme budget of $11.4 mill.
• Developed cofinancing partnerships worth $ 200,000 with Zambian government and bilateral donors.
• Coordinated the United Nations Harmonization process and the 1 UN for UNDP Zambia.
• Codrafted the country cooperation framework document for UNDP in Zambia for 20072011.
• Codrafted the UNDP communication strategy and part of the UN country team communication team
• Developed and managed projects on various developmental issues such as environment, capacity
development, egovernance, aid management, wild life, HIV&AIDS, Woman’s empowerment,
Microfinance, human rights, rule of law, Prison reform …
01/ 2005 – 08/ 2005 USAID – Kosovo Business Support, Pristina, Kosovo
SME Business Consultant
Focus Areas: Business development, management, marketing, advertising, marketing research, PR, trade,
pricing, entrepreneurship, supply chain, branding, communication, market intelligence, capacity development
• Provide management, entrepreneurial and business support for SMEs
• Develop capacity of Kosovo business’ in post war restricted economy for export and growth
AMIT MAHAJAN Page 3 of 5
03/ 2003 – 01/ 2005 DAJTI Shpk Holding, Pristina, Kosovo
Business Development/ Marketing Director
Focus Areas: Marketing, marketing research, new product/brand launch & management, advertising,
branding, communication, logistics, procurement, sales, retail, supply chain.
• Launch and grow laundry and household cleaning category for a startup company
• Manage the business for profitability and expand the brand internationally
• Developed business worth Euro 2 Million for 5 brands (6% market share in the 1st year).
• Developed marketing, media, brand and communications strategies (€ 300,000 budget).
• Created the brand and the new product launch – from inception of brand identity to personality.
• Created an extensive marketing intelligence system for the product category
• Launched the brands in Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia and Albania
08/ 1998 – 03/ 2003 Directions Marketing Research & Service, Cairo, Egypt
Founding Partner/ Managing Director
Focus Areas: Business development, marketing research, general management, marketing and business
consultancy, human resources, agency management, social research, questionnaire development, client servicing,
field work planning and monitoring, qualitative & quantitative survey design, statistical analysis, branding
• Building the company from scratch
• Building new clients and winning new business
• Quality control of research projects and strategic management of the company
• Founded the business and led it to an globally reputed research and business consultancy company.
• Developed business worth $ 450,000 in 2002 (approx. 15% of adhoc consumer research)
• Developed new business and clients among Fortune 500, leading regional companies and international
organizations like MobiNil, Bayer, Vodafone, Ericsson, Nokia, Nestle, TetraPak, Pepsi, Syngenta, GM,
Barclays, Hilton, Conrad, Citibank, Orange, Orascom, Tarek Nour, DDB Nedham, Grey, LG, GFK,
IMRB, Toyota, USAID, Government, WHO, UNHCR, etc.
• Managed and supervised over 250 projects qualitative & quantitative surveys on social, product and
brand attitudes and habits, advertising/ communication testing, awareness and recognition surveys,
social habit studies, product tests, taste tests, mystery shopping, customer satisfaction surveys,
household expenditure surveys etc.
• Created an internal trademark control system for data quality spanning the data chain.
• Grew the company to 120 employees strong.
04/ 2002 – 02/ 2003 USAID – Carana Corporation, Cairo, Egypt
Focus Areas: Social survey, statistical analysis, project management, report writing, data mining, human
resources, questionnaire development, client servicing, field work, qualitative & quantitative survey design.
• Gather data on early retirement from the Government and provide strategy for future early retirement
policies in the state owned companies undergoing privatization.
• Managed the $220,000 project on time
• Supervised a team of 6 people to mine data from 8 ministries
• Presented a future strategy for early retirement to the Minister of Privatization.
• Conducted the extensive survey through large scale data mining of non computerized public records and
quantitative and qualitative survey instruments.
01/ 1998 – 08/ 1998 Market Insight Yankelovich, Cairo, Egypt (Now part of GFK)
Research and Business Development Manager
Focus Areas: Marketing, marketing research, marketing consultancy, business development, profitability
management, questionnaire development, client servicing, qualitative & quantitative design, statistical analysis.
• Manage the research unit in Egypt
• New business development
• Developed business worth $150,000 with Fortune 500 multinational companies like PepsiCo, Kodak etc.
AMIT MAHAJAN Page 4 of 5
• Supervised all projects and the client servicing staff, and managed trademarked research products.
• Designed customized research studies and presented results to top management.
01/ 1994 –01/ 1998 AC Nielsen, Egypt, Cyprus, India
01.1997 01/1998 Cairo, Egypt 01/1996 01/1997 Nicosia, Cyprus 01/1994 – 01/1996 India
Senior Researcher/ Client Service Executive
Focus Areas: Marketing, marketing research, social research, international project coordination, business
development, client servicing, questionnaire development, field work, qualitative & quantitative survey design,
statistical analysis, branch management, human resource, retail audits.
• Primarily responsible for all customized research surveys and proprietary consumer research.
• Client servicing in Nielsen proprietary Retail Audit
• Manged the branch office in New Delhi, India
• Developed business with various industries and brands across Europe, Egypt and India.
• Serviced Retail Audit clients like Kraft, Lever, P&G, Philip Morris, Wrigley, TetraPak, Cadbury, Nestle,
• Developed new business worth over $200,000.
• Managed and coordinated multi country large scale habits and attitude studies across eastern Europe.
03/ 1992–01/ 1994 BASIS Consultancy, New Delhi, India
Client Service Executive
Focus Areas: Social research, marketing research, social marketing, business consultancy,
• Consulted clients on various projects like market and product development strategies, golf course
marketing, market segmentation strategy, communications strategy, marketing research based
• Social research projects included women’s empowerment in rural society, potable water, AIDS prevention
strategies, birth control effectiveness programme.
11/ 1991–03/ 1992 The Executive Retail Outlet, Harare, Zimbabwe
• Managed the retail fashion outlet including sales, space, shop displays, inventory and purchase
• Responsible for advertising the retail shop on TV, Radio and Print Media.
03/ 1991–11/ 1991 Olivine Industries, Harare, Zimbabwe
Marketing Support Executive Part time
• Developed brand image and product development strategy for Olivine’s range of products.
03/ 1991–11/ 1991 Cresta Hotels, Harare, Zimbabwe
Marketing Consultant Part time
• Developed brand image and service offer strategy for the new Cresta Safari Lodge
• Conducted research on international travelers’ hospitality service usage.
03/ 1987–03/ 1988 World Business Machines, New Delhi, India
• Developed business for office automation and communication products in Delhi
English Fluent Hindi Fluent French Fair Arabic Beginner Italian Beginner
Date of Birth: 06 June 1968
Marital status: Married
Residence: Italy, Austria
My social networking links on the web: Xing: https://www.xing.com/profile/Amit_Mahajan2
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/2ab/34a
AMIT MAHAJAN Page 5 of 5
Ms. Rania Hegazi Research Head / Savola firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Sarang Panchal EX Executive Director (Nielsen) email@example.com
Mr. Marcel Van Den Heuvel Consultant: The World Bank firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Tom Thompson Consultant: USAID email@example.com
Mr. Aeneas C. Chuma UN Resident Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org