What is Saving?
Preventing waste of a particular
is income not spent
Why Save Money?
It’s a good habit to…
a. Achieve Financial Goal
b. Stay Resourceful
c. Money Saved is Money Gained
d. Enhances ability to invest
e. Gain Financial Independence
When to Start?
Right from Today as…
– The Sooner the Better as…
• You never know when you will need it?
How To Start???
1. Evaluate Current Financial Situation
2. Visualize your future life
3. Set Financial Goal ( Long Term & Short Term)
4. Allocate importance to different goals and save
5. Start Small but dream Big!!!
1. Your income sources
2. Ways to increase your income (by giving Value
additions to others viz. Service) e.g….
3. Identify saving opportunities Viz.
4. Multiply Saving opportunities & En cash them…
5. Save different for different goals… do not mix
You Need to…
a. Learn by Practice
b. Spend Responsibly
c. Avoid borrowing
d. Be Persistent
e. Strike a balance
between Time &
You Need to… (2)
a. Keep accounts
b. Save but not at the cost of your studies or play time
c. Note down where you waste your money and make a lifestyle change if
d. Open a bank account / Postal Savings Account which gives good interest
rate & deposit your savings for long term into that account regularly
under parental guidance
e. Have A Goal to donate some amount of your savings for good cause
It will Make you…
3. Good @ Math's
5. Understand many things
6. Realize freedom & Recognition
7. Appreciate the virtue of sharing
8. More satisfied as a person / individual
9. Never gauge your success on how much you saved but on the truth that
how many people love you and see that ….
10. You learned the lesson about saving!!!
A Presentation by
Rtn. Amit Gopal Chauhan
Rotary Club of Kalyan
RI District: 3140, India