1. Unanipathy….• Islamic medicine• Medicine of Muslims• Tibb• Medicine of eastern world• Medicine of arabs• Medicine
2. “Tibb"Tibb (medicine ) is the Science in which we learn the various states of body in health and when not in health, means by which health is likely to be lost and, when lost is likely to be restored. Bu-Ali-Senna (Avicenna)
3. Concept of medicine..The concepts of Unani medicine range from the concepts of humoral theory (Akhlath) as well as from that of the temperament (Mizaj) and are being practiced from a long time through many generations with it’s time tested period. Along with The seven umur –[components] which are responsible for life.
4. Health triangle…..According to Unani conceptsmental well being is notmerely the disturbance of themental status of the mind butit confines to well being ofjism (body) as well as the rooh(soul). If one’s jism (body) orthe rooh (soul) is disturbeddue to the external or theinternal factors then there isalso the disturbance of themental.
5. The essentials of mental health are simple principles , many of which have been thought by religions and enshrined in humanitarian and ethical values all over the World throughout human history .
6. Three primary sourcesThe relation of mental health is concerned with the three primary sources which are directly proportional to one another these three sources are: Mind –functions of brain and mind mapping Body –Correction of imbalance physiological status. Soul --Psychological and religious counseling.
7. Prism of healthAll these three together make a prism. when they are in equitable condition, like a Similarity of dispersion on white ray to the colorful VIBGYOR .But when there is deterioration of health there is a inverted prism and hence the health is disturbed.
8. TriangleThe mental well being is a triangle of:-• Some characters of his normal constitution.• The stressors he has gone through.• His altered constitution or diseased constitution.
9. Brain-mind“ Whoever, where ever, you are, you are using— to read these words –the most beautiful, intricate complex, mysterious and powerful object in the known universe! your brain”.
10. According to Sir Charles Sherrington [Grand father of Neurophysiology]The human brain is an enchanted loom where millions of flashing shuttles weave a dissolving pattern, always a meaningful pattern, though never an abiding one, a shifting harmony of sub patterns. It is as if the milky way entered upon some cosmic dance.
11. MINDAvicenna quotes :“ Mind is what we dint see by our naked eyes but it is the function which is happening in our brain”
12. Boqrat (Hippocrates)Regarded as the father of Unani medicine states that mind is an invisible function of the brain which is termed as a’qal or what is in common terms to be sense of a particular individual.
13. Relation of mind and bodyAn individual is not a composition whichcontains the mind but is a mind operatingSystem to a body .Body is the result of activity of mind.Healthy body is a result of healthy mind
14. The basics of mind Emotions & Behavior Fear ,Rage & Stress Motivation* Stress is an inevitable part of life these days and it is major cause of a disease.
15. Status of PsychologyTo analyze the condition of mind , the following factors influence their status of Psychology: Life style Socio-economic status Psycho- sexual status Thoughts
16. Will not worry Will not be angry Will do my work honestlyThese are three points to be bourn in mind .
17. Mind mapping
18. Body-HealthThe holistic approach of Unani medicine is an attempt to provide the best physical , mental and spiritual health by promoting inherent mechanism of the body which is natural with the help of faith , dietary regulation and keeping of seasonally daily routines of life.
19. Where the health is restored in a diseased condition , and prevention of a diseased with wellness of body through improved acquired immunity. Bu Ali Senna Avicenna
20. States of human bodyThere are three states of human body : Sehat -Health Marz -Disease Neither health nor disease
21. Factors influencing the states of human bodySocio culturalGood conductRegimental therapyUse of simple herbal /herbomineral medicinesPromote and revitalize the health.
22. Causes for decline of healthTibb –Unani medicine deals with the human body in health and decline in health it is necessary to that the causes are determined . The four main causative criteria are, Asbaab-e-Sitteh zaroriyah-Material causes Gahir Zaoriyah- Efficient causes. Mizaj –Temperament Afaal- Functions
23. Asbaab-e-Sitteh zaroriyah Material causesAl – Hawa’ al-muhit (atmospheric air)Al – Makul wa’l – mashrub (foods and drinks)Al – Harakat wa’l-sukun al-badaniyan (physical or bodilymovement and repose)Al – Harakat wa’l sukun al-nafsaniyan (mental or psychicmovement and repose)An – Naum wa’l-yaqzah (sleep and wakefulness)Al - Istifragh wa’l-ihtibas (Evacuation and retention)
24. Gahir Zaroriyah-Efficient causes• Al - Bilad (geographical conditions of the country and town and other related matters)• Al - Masakin (residential conditions and related matters)• At - Sena’at (occupation and related matters)• At – ‘Adat (habits and related matters)• Al – Asnan (Age and related matters)• Al – Ajnas (sex and related matters)• Ummur muzadat-tabi’at (Any other factor antagonistic to nature and artificial ionizing radiations, electricity and other natural forces).
25. Mizaj -temperament• Haar Hot Garam• Barid Cold Sard• Ratab Wet Tar• Yabis Dry Khushk
27. Super achievers don’t waste time in unproductive thoughts, esoteric thoughts, or catastrophic thoughts. They think constructively and they know that their level of thinking determines their success - Dr. Seymour Epstein
28. StressHuman bodies are designed to respond physically , rather than mentally , to a stressful situation.Everyone needs a challenge , but if the challenge becomes impossible to meet , this produces intolerability and this is termed as stress.Stress stimulates and motivates people.
29. Key stress symptoms• Constantly feeling tense or on edge.• Finding it difficult to fall asleep or relax.• Being indecisive or lacking concentration.• Becoming irritable and impatient• Aching limbs or recurrent head aches• The heart begins to pound.• Breathing deepens.• Sweating increases.• Pupils widen
30. What does stress do to your body?• Hair: hair fall to Baldness• Brain: depression and extreme cases nervous breakdown.• Heart: Decrease blood pressure.• Immune system: weakens immune system , more susceptible to minor infections.• Digestive tract: Irritable bowl syndrome.• Mouth: Ulcers• Muscles: Muscle twitches• Skin: fungal infections.• Lungs: Emotional asthmatic attacks.• Reproductive organs : Menstrual cycle disturbances.• Bladder :irritable bladder
31. Management of effects of stressImmunity has to be increased to cope with the symptoms of stress . Sprouts are very good resource for immunity boosters especially the green gram sprouts these enhance the immunity and help in maintaining of healthy life. Greens are very good to combat fever especially spinach , its soup to be taken at least once as day and compulsory once a week. Consume a pinch of turmeric with a teaspoon of honey before bed / a pinch of turmeric with a glass of milk. A Tulasi leaf empty stomach with water in the morning . A glass of hibiscus juice every week . A glass of carrot juice every week. A glass of juice from biter gourd , tomato and ginger . A glass of aloevera juice once in a month .
32. Our body systemBody description in soles :
33. Pressure points and massage..
35. Holistic approachAttempt to provide the best of physical mental and spiritual health by promoting inherent mechanism of the body which is natural with the help of faith , dietary regulation and keeping of seasonal daily routines of life.
36. Factors concerned with maintenance of health• Socio cultural• Good conduct• Regimental therapy• Use of simple herbal / herbomineral medicines .• Promote & revitalize the health.
37. RegimenRegimen is meant bythe management ofessential factors which have been enumerated and are operating on life in a customary way. Food is one of them
38. FoodForbidden-When the physis to be in thematuring period of humors.Reduced-When there is need forpreserving physical power at the sametime.Increased-When the diseased is comingback to the normal.
39. Medicine• Home remedies• Single & simple drugs.• Simple formulations• Compound formulations
40. Medicine from Quran and hadiyath…• Practice, Drugs, Counseling.
41. Mother care..
43. Some of them have cultural…. Al-RUMANU Punica grantum.L Family: Punicaceae
44. Also associated with the religion…
45. Nature of memberTemperamentConstitutionPositionStrength of the member.
46. Regimenal therapy…
47. Severity of disease Acute conditions Emergency conditions Chronic conditions.
48. Management of life at home to avoid stress…
49. Regimen for bodies easily susceptible to diseases Repletion of humours. Immature humours. Quantity and quality of humours should bemoderated through nutritious diet andimmunity developers.
50. Religious counsellingInstructions of each religion.Boundaries between each religionBoundaries with in each religion.Customs and traditions followed through ages.
51. DUA, DAWA and TAWAKAL ALLAH(SUPPLICATION, MEDICINE and RELIANCE on ALL MIGHTY).
52. Are we heading forward or we are going back!!!!!!!!