1. /idealist /idealist /idealist
Send us your comments and questions! firstname.lastname@example.org | #idealist
2. Started Idealist in 1995
A million people every month
3. With all the resources we have now,
how can we do more about all
the problems we see around us?
4. We have so much
6. And yet...
A neighbor in need
8. Is this we can do?all
10. It’s complicated
11. There are many of us
12. PHOTO: JAKE RAJS
13. And we want to do more
about many things
14. PHOTO: JAKE RAJS
15. And for each of these things,
we have diﬀerent
ideas, opinions, interests
16. PHOTO: JAKE RAJS
17. And we love our independence
18. On top of all that:
19. We don’t have a shared goal
20. All over the world there are
that run across all issues
21. A big gap between intention and action
Our problems are connected,
but we are not
The world is full of good ideas that
don’t spread quickly enough
27. How do we move from knowing this to
doing something about it?
28. By creating a network, a movement,
an ecosystem that will:
29. Make it easier for people to move from
intention to action
Connect people, organizations, and
resources in every possible way
Find good ideas wherever they are, and
spread them as widely as possible
30. Or in one sentence:
31. Help people everywhere
imagine, connect, and act
32. How do we do this?
33. In every possible way
35. How do we start?
36. By inviting everyone who wants to
connect these dots
37. What makes a Connector?
38. This picture sparks your imagination
40. These values speak to you
41. Working with others, in a spirit of
generosity and mutual respect,
we want to help build a world where
all people can lead free
and digniﬁed lives
42. As a Connector, you are willing
to put your personal agenda aside
43. What would Connectors do?
44. Raise their hand...
45. I’ll take
47. Ask themselves 3 questions:
48. How can we make it easier for people
to move from intention to action
How can we better connect people,
organizations, and resources?
How can we push and pull good ideas
from and into our community?
49. Starting from a checklist, create new
ways for people to connect and act
50. Let's set up
a bulletin board
for our building
has never had
should have a
Freedom and dignity for all
More action, connections, ideas
Connectors Teams Tools & Tactics
52. Then, do more...
54. search match
I’d love to build a
3 H O U R S A G O 2 H O U R S A G O
55. Imagine a Group where people could
share what they care about...
56. I want
57. And what’s getting in their way
58. I don’t have
place to meet...
I am afraid
of failure, rejection,
I am alone.
Who can I
I need more
59. And then...
60. Help each other take one good step
61. connect refer
62. How do we do this?
63. Teams Tools & TacticsConnectors
64. I’ll take
65. Teams Tools & TacticsConnectors
66. Push and pull good ideas from
and into every community
67. That ﬂyer
they do in...
68. Ideas Groups Action
69. Gradually, build a network of trust
among Connectors everywhere
70. You can
71. Think what else they can
contribute to the whole network
72. I have
We have a
We send a
monthly bill to
73. Share, learn, adapt, and share again...
74. We can do all this now
76. And we can do it all over the world
Tools & TacticsTeamsConnectors
78. Will you join us?
79. There are four ways to get involved
80. Sign up as a Connector
Take action wherever you are
Make sure your organization
is on Idealist
Support the whole network