WeekendsNot surprisingly, entertainment Pages receive higher interaction on the weekends. In fact,interaction is 20% higher than on the weekdays, with Saturday receiving interaction rates17% higher than average. The weekends give fans of these Pages time to catch up onentertainment news.Non-busy hours Brand posts published between 8 PM and 7 AM, which are defined as “non-busy hours,” receive 14%higher interaction than those that post between 8 AM and 7 PM, which are defined as “busy hours.”There is plenty of room for brands to improve on this, as only 18% of posts are sent during“non-busy hours.” When not at work, people are more likely to spend time perusing Facebook andinteracting with Page content. Providing the right content at the right time to people is a huge stepin the optimization of Facebook marketing, so don’t overwhelm fans when they are busy.By posting early in the morning you also allow your post to increase its News Feed Optimizationduring a less noisy time1.Don’t exceed 7 times a dayBrands that post one or two times per day see 19%higher interaction rates than those who post threeor more times per day. The key is not to bombardfans with too many posts, as Facebook News FeedOptimization often penalizes for this.Additionally, interaction rates are high among brands that post seven or less times during theweek. Pages that post more than seven times per week see a 25% decrease in interaction rates.The key here is to analyze your Page’s historical performance, identify when your
1. Boosting Facebook engagement The organic way/by dennis c.
2. What is organic? developing naturally: occurring or developing gradually and naturally, without being forced or contrived , i.e., free
3. Turn Facebook into a magazine Editorialize FB: Build a culture, create a lifestyle
4. Change face when called for.Get into the season Challenge your creativityUse relevant quotes/message
5. Posting time Weekends, 20% higher interaction Ideal: 7 posts a week; post lifespan: 3 hrs Non-busy hours, 14% higher interaction
6. Photos win 39% increase in activity
7. Sourcing images and videos GMA Pinoy TV (or GMA Network in the Philippines) Facebook page Kapatid TV5 (or TV5 in the Philippines) Tap Google.com or bing.com for images cautiously
8. Raising interaction
9. Raise interactionCoerce them gently Coerce more with CTAMake them fill in the blanks Be cute
10. Add Pinterest page in FB tabThink of Pinterest as your magazine spread connected to Facebook at all timesYou can create Pinterest page in no time. Suggestion: Videos of the programs that link to the Facebook pageIt takes 5 minutes to add it to Facebook tab. Pinterest page will need to have same identity as FB page. Also, it’s not about volume of content, but quality.
11. Quotes with image work like a charmExamples to use: December: Inspiring holiday quotes January: ―Fun best of‖ year-ender list February: Love quotes
12. Work it like a monthly magazineYear-ender stories:-- Come up with favorite or best-of the-year stuff to recap Facebook postings (team judging or using poll). Nothing serious. All for fun.Categories can be…related to the TV programs:Ex. Guilty Pleasure of the Year – Temptation of Wife…related to Facebook postings:Ex. Most Commented Newsfeed of the Year
13. When you need to start doing promotions?Less than 2% engagement in the site--Check ―people are talking about this‖ in each of the postto determine this.
14. Promotion example Ask people to write a headline or take photos of their family room while watching Filipino TV show to share with Facebook friends. Most Likes win a small token.
15. Takeaways Post on days that are best for your industry. In our case, weekends. This is when interaction is high and other brands are posting less, such as weekends. • Post between 8 PM and 7 AM to present fans with content when they are not busy. • Post one or two times per day, but space posts out to avoid exceeding seven posts per week. • Keep it short: use 80 characters or less per post. • Use photo attachments or text-only status updates to increase interaction. • Show users a long URL on posts including a link, but track link clicks internally with a shortened URL. • Use questions to drive dialogue in the form of fan comments. • Place your questions at the end of posts for higher comment rates. • Use ―caption this‖ and ―fill in the blank‖ strategies to drive more comments. • Use emoticons to non-verbally communicate with your fans and humanize your brand. • Use calls to action to explicitly tell fans how you want them to interact with your posts. • Use ―softer sell‖ keywords, which resonate better with users.
16. The magic formula Here’s the magic formula — there is no magic formula! Facebook constantly changes. Try different things, and track results. The magic formula is creating the good content and engaging updates the audience craves. Don’t rely only on Facebook for marketing efforts Spend time and effort converting fans into email subscribers by offering them freebies, webinars, or other goodies.
17. To sum up What’s your favorite magazine? They contain subjects you like covered in various ways to suit your interest. That’s how FB is also evolving. It’s now your magazine.