By Sergio Cruz, María Sánchez, Manuel Juárez e Iván Santiago.
What’s our gap year going to be about?
Spend more or less half a year abroad.
→ Visit horror and haunted places
→ Travel by hitchhiking around the USA
→ Our purposes:
- improve our English skills doing something
- take a year out before starting university.
What are we going
to need to this trip?
Bags (better one which can be easy to carry)
Sleeping bag (some days we’re going to sleep outside)
Warm clothes (sport clothes)
Camping gas and kitchen items
How are we going to earn money?
Traveling by Hitchhiking
Work cleaning dishes in restaurants
Asking in villages for one day work
Creating a Youtube channel where we’ll
upload our experiences at these haunted
1.- Barajas (Madrid)-JFK International Airport (NY)
2.- Ronkonkoma Lake
4.- Byberry Mental Hospital
5.- Ohio State Reformatory
6.- Waverly Hills Sanatorium
8.- Stanley Hotel
9.- Colorado Springs Airport (Colorado)-Barajas (Madrid)
→ First stop
→ New York
→ The lake’s lady
→ The bottomless hole
- Witch trials (1692-1693)
- Visit the witch Museum
- Sleep in the Salem’s cemetery
Byberry Mental Hospital
→ “Real life house of horrors”
→ Den for criminals and satanic cults
→ Tunnels under the asylum
Ohio State Reformatory
- It’s a prison built between 1886 and 1910.
- It was built to condemn the young criminals and try to change their
- It was closed by the federals in 1990.
- There were more than 200 deaths.
- “ THE HOLE “.
- Try to sleep on the basement between 3 or 4 days.
WAVERLY HILLS SANATORIUM
- It is in Kentucky.
- It is a hospital where the doctors treated the Plague.
- 63.000 people dead at the hospital.
- Around 50 doctors killed themselves.
- The death tunnel.
- Room 502.
- One of the most terrifying places of America.
➔ State of Iowa
➔ Small town
➔ Population: 1252 (in 2010)
➔ Apparently, nothing special
Axe Murder House
9-10 of June, 1912
6 Moore’s and two guests were found dead
They all were found:
○ with axe wounds
● Spend a couple of weeks
➢ In Estes Park, Colorado
➢ Built in 1909 by Freelan Oscar Stanley
➢ He had gone there in order to improve his
➢ He fell in love with the place and decided to
open this hotel
Stanley Hotel in the past
Stanley Streamer automobile
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY IN STANLEY HOTEL:
◆ Nobody can be there
◆ There lives Mr Dunraven’s ghost
◆ He defrauded many people in the past
◆ Because of that, he was executed
◆ Lights turn on and then off
◆ A child crying
◆ A person has been sitting at the bed
Many crimes unsolved
The first owners prowling around the hotel
A famous witness...
❏ “The Shining”
was inspired in
❏ Stephen King
wrote most part
of it in room 218
❏ He experimented