1. CAMERA SHOTSDIGITAL I AM POETRYVideo ProductionsMrs. McMath
2. CAMERA SHOTS The Camera Shots you shoot in your videos can convey the mood and meaning of what you are trying to convey in your video. Terminology can change between video production environment. Following are examples we will use for this class. The subject in these shots is the boy.
3. EXTREME WIDE SHOT The view is so far from the subject that he isnt even visible. Often used as an establishing shot.
4. VERY WIDE SHOT The subject is visible (barely), but the emphasis is still on placing him in his environment.
5. WIDE SHOT The subject takes up the full frame, or at least as much as comfortably possible.
6. MID SHOT Shows some part of the subject in more detail while still giving an impression of the whole subject.
7. MEDIUM CLOSE UP Half way between a Mid Shot and a Close Up.
8. CLOSE UP A certain feature or part of the subject takes up the whole frame.
9. EXTREME CLOSE UP The Extreme Close Up gets right in and shows extreme detail.
10. CUT IN Shows some (other) part of the subject in detail.
11. CUTAWAY A shot of something other than the subject.
12. TWO-SHOT A shot of two people, framed similarly to a mid shot.
13. OVER THE SHOULDER Looking from behind a person at the subject.
14. NODDY SHOT Usually refers to a shot of the interviewer listening and reacting to the subject.
15. POINT OF VIEW Shows a view from the subjects perspective.
16. WEATHER SHOT The subject is the weather. Can be used for other purposes, e.g. background for graphics.
17. DIGITAL POETRY-I AM For our first Video Production we will be creating digital poetry. Step 1: Create your I AM poem. Use this web site as a guide. http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/iampoem.htm Step 2: Copy and Paste your I AM poem into Microsoft Word. This will be your script for your video. Practice reading your poem.
18. DIGITAL POETRY-I AM Step 3: In Microsoft Word, you will be printing a copy on 8 ½ x 14 paper. You must use a different font than the standard font, adjust the font size to fit the paper size, and change the color of your font. Your name, course name, and period must be located below the last stanza of your poem. DO NOT print until I tell you too.
19. DIGITAL POETRY-I AM Step 4: Working with a partner, you will film a different EXTREME CLOSE UP shot for each line of your poem. Each shot must be a part of you and one line of your poem, narrated. The I AM lines of your poems must be all the same shot of your face. Step 5: Upload your shots to iMovie and edit them in the order of your I AM poem. Step 6: Please include a title slide with your Name, Course Name, and Period.
20. DIGITAL POETRY-I AM Include transitions in your video. Adjust the Video Effects in your video. Please make the Video Effect the same for each clip, EXCEPT very I AM line in your poem must have the same Video Effect of “Normal”.
21. LET’S GET STARTED!HAVE FUN AND CREATE BEAUTIFUL WORK!