View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
3. SEO News & News & BlogsCommunity • SEOmoz www.seomoz.org/blogDiscussion www.seomoz.org/ugcThe best way to stay up-to-date on what’s • Search Engine Watchhappening in search marketing. www.searchenginewatch.com • Search Engine Land www.searchengineland.com • Alltop SEO Headlines seo.alltop.com Community Forums • Webmaster World www.webmasterworld.com/home.htm • Digital Point forums.digitalpoint.com • V7N Webmaster Forums www.v7n.com/forums
4. Conducting aTechnical SEO Audithttp://searchenginewatch.com/article/2200756/How-to-Conduct-a-Technical-SEO-Site-AuditSEOmoz:http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-do-a-site-audit
5. WordPress SEOPlugin by Yoasthttp://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/
7. Xenu Link Sleuth& Screaming Froghttp://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.htmlhttp://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider/
8. Webmaster Toolsfrom Google & Binghttp://www.google.com/webmasters/http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmasterSEOmoz review of Bing tools:http://www.seomoz.org/blog/phoenix-rising-bings-new-webmaster-tools-whiteboard-Friday
Web Analytics islike an iceberg.Tip: Basic stuff. Visitors, popular pages.Middle: More useful. Referring sites, keywords.Below the Surface: Campaign tracking, A/B testing, Goals.
Analytics aren’t perfect. Use them for trending, not precise measurement. Source:
Two Kinds of WebMetricsSource: Brian Clifton @http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/blog/2009/02/22/improving-the-web-with-web-analytics/
The Importance of Goals If you don’t know what you’re aiming for, you’ll never score.
Beyond Google Analytics Sometimes, you just need to kick it up a notch.
1. UserTesting.comFeedback from real people trying to use yourwebsite.
2. ChartBeatReal-time analytics, something that Googledoesn’t do too well right now.www.chartbeat.com
3. OptimizelySimplified A/B testing. Covert your visitors!www.optimizely.com
4. CrazyEggVisual overlays and heatmaps.www.crazyegg.com
TL;DR – In Review1. Build a toolkit by making use of the resources available to you on the web.2. Use other people’s work as a starting point. Customize to fit your needs.3. Your site content is worth nothing if people don’t know that it exists.4. Don’t obsess over SEO. Not worth it. Learn the basics, play to Google’s rules.5. Skim headlines/forums to learn from the successes (and mistakes) of others.6. Make your life easier by using plugins like WordPress SEO and Scribe.7. If you don’t have on-site analytics set up, you’re flying blind.8. On-site analytics are pointless if you don’t have goals.9. Define your goals!10. Google’s free products are great for many things, but sometimes it’s worth spending money on specialized premium tools.