1. Following other twitter users is the best way to have access to information and to build your audience The more people you follow, the more people will follow you! A good place to start is liking users associated with Auburn University Then find users that are in your area of interest In this case, agriculture
2. User @FollowFarmer has a list of farmers and “agvocates” that blog and tweet Go through their list of “Following” to find other users you may want to follow This will give you access to their tweets in your twitter feed You can take any information you like from these tweets and retweet them to your followers
3. The best way to find people to follow is to see who successful twitter accounts are following. Do this by going to a user’s profile and clicking the “Following” linkEach user has a bio under their name. Skimthrough the bios and determine if you wouldlike to follow them.Following is as easy as clicking the “Follow”button!
4. Twitter is a fast paced social media tool Tweeting 3-5 times a day is recommended every post is time stamped, so daily tweeting is essential to stay current Pushing posts from Facebook can help you reach your 3-5 posts easily
5. Use twitter to Make announcements Ask questions Brag about the college Provide information (fun facts, statistics, etc.) Link to press releases https://twitter.com/UGA_CollegeofAg
6. “@” mentions links another Twitter user within your message. They can see you are talking about them. Using “@” can increase traffic to both pages.The @username is also a hyperlink that userscan click on to see a preview of that user’stwitter feed.
7. 1. Announcement of College Event 1. possible link to press release or order page1. Announcement of State-wide 2. event 3.2. Bragging about the college link to photo 4.3. Sharing fun facts with interactive video 5.4. Recap of speakers that came to the college link to full story
8. 1. Networking with another user 1. with “@usernames” and hashtags 2.2. Interactive tweet encourages users to retweet 3.3. Announcement of time sensitive event 4.4. Announcement of future event with link 5.5. Invitation to time sensitive event
9. Take information from the web: Wire Eagle OAnews AgChat.org Ag Hill Update Summarize the information in 140 characters or less Provide the link to the original website so users can read more if they choose
10. Mentioning other users (@username) and using hashtags (#hashtags) in your tweets can help bring traffic to your twitter feed This helps increase followers
11. The hashtag “#auburnag” is the hashtag we want to use for anything related to the college of agriculture. Hashtags create a database of every tweet with that hashtag in it.The hashtag isalso hyperlinked,so you can clickon it to see a feedof only#auburnagtweets.
12. In addition to writing your own tweets, Twitter allows you to “retweet” what other users have tweeted. This allows you to share a wide variety of information with your followers. It also increases traffic to your twitter feed.
13. There are two ways to retweet a post to your followers Method 1 is an easier and quicker method Method 2 provides a way to retweet a post if a user has privacy settings on their tweets
14. 1. When you put your cursor over a tweet, it will become shaded and the options of •Expand •Reply •Retweet •Favorite will appear as a link.2. When you click rewteet, this box will appear:
15. This green symbol indicates a retweeted post not a post you wrote yourselfThe tweet is now part of your feed to your followers, even though they may not follow“Zac Lee @general__lee_” they can still see his post
16. Many users have their privacy settings such that you cannot retweet their posts usingthe retweet button in Method 1. Notice how the options at the bottom do not include retweet.
17. But, you can still retweet this message using Method 2! 1. Copy the tweet “Weird weather on the plains. Does misting require a rain jacket?” 2. Paste into the compose a new Tweet box3. In front of the copied tweet type RT (stands for retweet) and then the@username, in this case @AshleyCulpepper 4. Press the “Tweet” button and post has been retweeted!
18. Username: To tag someone in a twitter post, put the “@” symbol in front of their usernameHashtag:indicated by a “#” Picture link: thein front of a word way to embed aor set of words picture in a tweet.with no spaces The picturebetween them associated with this link can be seen if you click on the tweet.