12 Outdoor Activities
You can’t miss while in Lisbon!
Brought to you by:
#1 Jogging by the Tagus river
With over 20 km of pedestrian walkways
along the river, running by sunset is one of
the most amazing outdoor activities in
Lisbon. The best part: it’s a cheap sport!
#2 Sailing in Tagus
• With several marinas along the river you
have plenty to choose from. My favorite
sailing school is Terra Incognita.
#3 Mountain Biking in Monsanto
• Monsanto Park is a great place to
mountain bike in Lisbon with dozens of
kilometers of single tracks.
#4 Biking in the City
• Just bike from home to work and get to
discover the city in an entirely different
way. Try it!
• Rent a bike: http://www.rent-a-fun.com/
#5 Beach soccer in Carcavelos
• We’re a soccer nation, and we play it
everywhere, and doing it in the beach is an
entire new experience. Try it with local friends!
It should be easy to find someone to play with.
#6 Kite-Surfing in Guincho
• Don’t know how to kite-surf? No problem.
• Try some classes in the schools like:
#7 Open-water swimming
• Before you start your open-water swimming race, you
might want to train in one of many Lisbon excellent indoor
• Check the one closest to you: http://www.cm-lisboa.pt/
#8 Coastering in Arrábida
• Coastering is a cool way to walk on the
shores that combines rappel adventure
with jumping into the sea.
• Check it out at: http://coasteering.pt/en/
#9 Scubadiving in Sesimbra
• Explore a new world of adventure, just 30
min drive south of Lisbon.
• Good stuff: http://www.topsub.com.pt/uk/
#10 Surfing in Costa da Caparica
• Surfing early morning, before the daily working
routine is probably one the best thing you can do
while in Lisbon.
• Rookies: http://barbassurfacademy.blogspot.pt/
#11 Padel tennis
• This is the fastest growing sport in Lisbon,
with new padel fields opening every week.
• Classes: http://www.nacionalpadel.com/
#12 Rock climbing in Cascais
• There’s a number of rock climbing spots
around Lisboa, if you’re new to the sport
you should try some classes.