2. MSW & Open Questions• How do we handle Mixed Nature of Waste?• What do we do when Plastic is present in the Waste we receive ?• How to address Environmental Pollution?• How to manage land for Continuous Waste Dumping?Can we re-cycle 100% of MSW ?Do we have a process with no Environment issue ?
3. MSW Recycling & Challenges• Segregation of mixed waste• Ever increasing menace of Leachate• No More Dump Yards available• Public Protest against most of the Public dump yards due to environmental issues• Lack of sustainable technical Know-How• Poor success rate of multiple projects across the country• Inadequate research and experiments in waste handling & recycling
4. About E.H.C∗ Eco-Health Centre (E.H.C )- Concept visualized by Sun Tech Industrial Steel Company (SITSCO) along with its consulting wing, BeStar Consulting, Bangalore.∗ SITSCO is a high-tech enterprise specializing in engineering research & development , since last two decades.∗ EHC has been innovated after an extensive research and fine turning since 15 years Commercial Concept Plant of EHC is operational since last 3 years and already undertaken the Recycling of1500+ Tone of Mixed Solid Waste
6. Scientific Bio-Gas Plant Bio degradable Slurry will be moved to this module for separating Bio-Methane This also prevent the foul ordering at site. Bio-Manure for Eco-Farming helps to stay away from Chemical Fertilizer
7. Optional Modules-Details:a. Plastic Film Crunching Module: This module is mandatory for processing the waste plastic from MSW. It is used for size reduction of plastic bags separated from the MSW for further processing like using for re-in forcing the Cement & Tar for road tarring.b. Solid Strip - Casting Module: This module is to convert the separated plastic in to Hard Bars in appropriate size for industrial & Domestic use as per the commercial requirement.
8. c. Tar- Mixing Module: This is to mix this plastics with Tar for road tarring and the municipality/corporation can use it as much as 30% of plastic (form the waste) and it improves the life of the road.d. Concrete- Mixing Module: This is to mix this plastics with Concrete for Flore tiles and the municipality/ corporation can use as much as 20% of plastic in concrete. This will re-in force the tiles by 40% extra strength
9. Dried Bio-Manure ∗ Bio degradable Slurry is collected at slurry tank of APSM ∗ The slurry is converted into bio manure of industrial standards after aerobic/ anaerobic digestion, fine grinding and cleaning.
10. Why EHC ? Most Cost-effective solution as EHC will provide the Machinery and Operation as part of O&M contract• Proven Ecofriendly & Sustainable Solution• 100% Recycling solution for Mixed Waste• Mechanical segregation of Mixed waste into bio degradable and non- degradable waste• Permanent solution to the menace of leachate• Highest rate of conversion of fresh MSW into compost• Complete Operation Success Commitment - 100% inline with MSW Rule 2000 (M&H).• Value added Eco-friendly Products
11. How EHC Works
12. How EHC Works (Cont..)Certified by Govt: bodies DGS & D and Bureau of Indian Standards • 2 Phase Waste Separation • 3 Stage Processing • Separated Bio- degradable waste is composting as per Municipal Solid waste Rule 2000 (M&A) • 99.5 % Certified plastic free Bio- Manure
13. Salient features• Recycling 99.5 % MSW #• 100% Natural Solution for “Plastic Waste” – Converts it in to multiple useful products• NO harmful burning process like Incineration & RDF• No environmental issues around the plant# Balance .5 % will be used as fire fuel used for heating
14. Salient features …• Bio-Gas (Methane) extraction from waste – Reduce order at site and also insects due to it.• Protect the environment from greenhouse effect• This enable to build the plant, even in residential areas Qualify to achieve carbon Credit and International aids for the project
15. Case Study∗ Started in a Municipality on Public private partnership∗ Undertaken the MSW recycling contract, since last 3+ years.∗ Successfully delivered the service of recycling 2000+ Tons of Waste Good Bye to Dumping Yard !! No Landfill !! EHC- Kodungallur Municipality Plant First in the Country with 100% of M.S.W - Mechanically Recycled
16. Present Model with REEL Effective conversion rate into compost- 8- 10% Process time- Minimum 22 days- 21 days for decaying and 1 day for turning in the windrow machine. Addition of EM solution Generates leachate through out the year, causing high environmental cost Require land filling.
17. ComparisonCurrent Model EHC Vs
18. Process Comparison Current Model EHC ModelGarbage water Not Treated Gets treatedAddition of processstimulator (EM) yes NoFoul Smell Yes Very Minimal No (In case of completeLand fill Yes module only)Eligibility for assistancefrom CDM No YesLeachate generation Yes No
19. Investment required- A. Basic Module, without Bio gas plantsInfrastructure No. of units Amount Rs4500 sqm.G.I. class Pipe structure fabricated, polycarbonate sheet roofed, concrete floored shed. 1 17000000MSW Processing Machinery of 3 Ton /Hr. Capacity. Thecomplete unit includes:a. MW Processing machines,b. Compost turning machines,c. Compost sieve machines,d. Hot Water generators,e. Plastic shredding machines,f. Plastic processing machines.g. Water recycling modules.h. Compost loading vehicles. 3 9000000Total 2,60,00000
20. Investment required- B. With Bio gas plantsInfrastructure No. of units Amount Rs4500 sqm.G.I. class Pipe structure fabricated,poly carbonate sheet roofed, concretefloored shed. 1 17000000MSW Processing Machinery of 3 Ton /Hr.Capacity, with supportive units 3 90000004000 cubic meter Iron Re-in forced cement 4,00,00,000concrete Bio gas plants, complying with EuroStandards.(65% finance with I 0% interest can be arrangedthrough CDM protocol)Total 6,60,00000