1. What is that?
The PEL was created by the European council.
Learning how to learn.
2. Language passport
The language passport is perhaps the most important part of the
Portfolio. The owner of the Portfolio regularly updates it. In a grid
provided the owner can see the different competences described
according to what is accepted by all Europe. The Portfolio can also be
useful as a complement to customary certificates.
These are the competences that a B2 level person
- Support arguments either for and against.
- Give a personal opinion.
- Write an essay about a wide arrange of subjects.
Be able to interact with degree of fluency
and spontaneity and with native speakers.
Be able to explain his own point of view
by giving for and against reasons.
-Understand TV shows without watching subtitles.
- Understand complex lectures if the theme is
Read articles and reports related with the
Understand the point of view of a writer that reflects
upon contemporary facts.
7. Language biography
The language biography:
-Gives a chronological overview of your language
- It makes you more aware of experiences and it
helps you to draw conclusions related with your
8. It should include
The biography should include the following statements:
- Languages I grew up with.
- Languages and areas I have lived in.
- Languages I have learned in school, in courses , abroad..
- Use of languages in real situations: abroad, summer
The dossier is the last part of the portfolio.You
inculde all the works that you have been doing up
until now: essays, presentations, worksheets.