1. Seeing Christ through the eyes of Chinese New Year
3. Ang Pows & Sacraments <ul><li>What are the ‘rules’ of ang-pow giving and receiving? </li></ul><ul><li>The forms, timing and ‘procedures’ all very much matter – the REAL and the “LIKE-REAL” go hand in hand </li></ul><ul><li>The “thought” isn’t ALL that counts </li></ul><ul><li>The ang-pow reflects grace and must never be used as a “calculative tool” </li></ul>
4. How are we blesed by the ‘LIKE-REAL’ elements of our faith?
8. Lion Dance, Firecrackers & Evil <ul><li>Why do Chinese take the lion dance seriously? (KDU example) </li></ul><ul><li>Good reminder: A kind of evil “beyond this world” exists and thus a solution “beyond this world” is also required! </li></ul><ul><li>Christians, however, must have faith – not superstition ! </li></ul>
9. What is the Christian supernatural weapon against evil?
11. Gambling, Prosperity & God’s Kingdom <ul><li>Important question: Why do most Chinese play cards/mahjong during CNY?! </li></ul><ul><li>Is CNY a promise of prosperity or a call to work harder to prosper? </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Are Chinese ‘assured’ prosperity during CNY? OR </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Are Chinese urged to pay more attention to $$ during CNY? </li></ul></ul>
12. What does the Kingdom of God promise us and what does it call us to do?
13. “ Perfect love casts out fear” 1John 4:18
15. The Reunion Dinner & the Church <ul><li>What would happen if we missed the reunion dinner? What does that say about us? </li></ul><ul><li>Do we Chinese HAVE to go for the dinner or do we GET to go? </li></ul><ul><li>The most important may also be the most ‘everyday’ and ‘mundane’ </li></ul>
16. What are the ‘everyday / mundane’ things of being a Christian?
19. “ This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people .” Jeremiah 31:33
20. “ Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” Revelations 19:9