1. Diagnose Before You Prescribe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
2. 7 Habits Quiz <ul><li>“ I have to go to the party; I’ll just study later, ok?” </li></ul><ul><li>“ You see, that’s why there are so many problems here, etc. etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum ” </li></ul><ul><li>“ My way or the high way!” </li></ul><ul><li>“ Anything la…as long as I make money…” </li></ul><ul><li>“ Those people will never change!” </li></ul>
3. 7 Habits Quiz <ul><li>What’s the difference leaders and managers? </li></ul><ul><li>What is ONE characteristic of an ‘Abudance’ Mentality? </li></ul>
4. Independence Dependence Interdependence PUBLIC VICTORY PRIVATE VICTORY Seek First to Understand … Then to be Understood Synergize Think Win/Win Put First Things First Be Proactive Begin with the End in Mind Sharpen the Saw
5. Habit #5 SEEK FIRST TO UNDERSTAND, THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD
6. Principle #5: “To communicate effectively, we must first understand each other”
7. What’s the difference between SYMPATHY and EMPATHY?
8. Give People Psychological ‘Air’
9. What is Bad Listening?
10. “ Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen Covey
16. What is Good Listening?
17. 1. Read the Signs!
18. 7 % Words
19. 38 % Tone of Voice
20. 55 % Body Language
21. 2. Reflect what a person feels and says in your own words
22. Helpful Language <ul><li>As I get it, you feel… </li></ul><ul><li>So as you see it… </li></ul><ul><li>You seem… </li></ul><ul><li>You must have felt… </li></ul><ul><li>You sound… </li></ul><ul><li>What I’m hearing is… </li></ul><ul><li>I’m not sure I’m with you, but… </li></ul><ul><li>Your feeling now is… </li></ul>
23. Exercise I: Reflect content and feeling!
24. 3. Use the “YOU” Perspective I’m Khairy Jamaluddin from Libra Consulting. My presentation covers the following four points: KDU’s product line, our partnering criteria, our point-of-sale plans and what we need from you. I’m Khairy Jamaluddin from Libra Consulting. Let me make sure I’ve captured your priorities for our time together. Based on our previous conversations, here’s what I think you need. I’d like to cover the material I have in about 30 minutes and then open it up for questions. You’d like to open up the Singaporean youth market, and you see an opportunity with Libra’s products to do that. I’m very proud of the new Taurus system, which builds upon the massive feature of the Rembau program. Although somewhat larger, the Taurus includes playback support and a dedicated Broadband socket. You’ve said that durable MP3 players are priced out of reach for most of your market. Our durable new Taurus has many of the features of the much more expensive Rembau program, but at half the cost. The only real sacrifice is that the Taurus is a fraction larger. “ You” Perspective “ I” Perspective
25. Exercise II: The “I” Game Rules: No “I”!, “Me” and “Myself”
26. When Must You Stop Talking?
27. When Can You Seek to be Understood?
28. Issue is Clear and Mutually Understood
29. Conversation is Casual and Unemotional
30. You’re asked or expected to give Counsel and Advice
31. Making it a Habit <ul><li>Show more empathy! Reflect the mood and content of your friends </li></ul><ul><li>Use the ‘You’ perspective, especially when you’re making proposals or asking for commitment </li></ul><ul><li>Talk less, listen more! </li></ul>