Malicious disinformation would be in regard to hospital benefits, work benefits.
Survey class on this.
Reach out also to Catholic groups.
Premarital Sex Report 2011
A Report for the
Adolescent Sexuality Class 2011
• Premarital Sex is sexual relationships engaged
• For the purpose of this report we will focus
more on sexual relationships between man
and woman particularly within the period of
adolescence especially in the Philippines.
Philippine Reports on Sexuality
• 1994 Survey on the views on sexuality by 11,000
Filipino youth whose ages ranged from 15 to 24
• 2002 Study regarding the values placed by
Filipino youth on human sexuality, related topics,
and their relationship to the rising incidences of
sexually transmitted diseases. This surveys
participants included 292 randomly chosen
individuals from nine colleges of a university.
Philippine Reports on Sexuality
• Study published in 2007 regarding the
occurrences of premarital sex among Filipino
high school adolescents. Study group had
20,000 students 15-24 years old.
• 2009 Survey regarding their opinions on
relationships, love, sexuality, and related
items. This study that targeted 3276 third year
high school to third year college participants
aged 13 to 18 years old.
• 2002 Young Adult and Fertility and Sexuality
Study (YAFS 3)
• State of the Philippine Population Report, 2nd
Issue (SPPR02) found at popcom.gov.ph
There is a slide in PMS tolerance
• From 18% of Philippine youth okay with PMS
in 1994 to 37.2% approval of a man having
PMS (23.7% are okay with women having
• First sexual encounter is commonly unplanned (55%)
say that it was something they did not plan to happen
at that time, but they went along with it anyway.
• Forty percent of first PMS and 70 percent of most
recent PMS were without any means of protection.
• Nearly three out of 10 first sex experiences were not
planned or totally against the will of the youth.
Younger females (5%), males (1.3%).
• Likely victims of rape are those with disadvantageous
background or being out-of-school, of low education,
no schooling at all, not currently working or in live-in
• A massive shift in the youth landscape in that
many young people no longer treat sex as a
• Oral sex has become a symbol among kids as
young as eleven years old. It is no longer
associated with romantic relationships but rather
is a thing girls do to boys so that each obtains
social status. [Michael Osit, Generation TEXT]
• “Sex is a game and a toy, nothing more.” Says a
student. [Chap Clark, Hurt]
How About in the Church?
• No studied data available but anecdotally the
situation seems to be that expectations of
elders regarding the sexual lives of young
people may no longer be realistic.
• Clark found there to be more of a feeling of
abandonment rather than a sexually charged
atmosphere in the high school he went to.
• He got the impression that for many of the
teens, sex was just something to do to escape
• Puberty and Adolescence
• Early Dating: Early Sex
• Alcohol and Drugs
• Birth Control: The “Myth” of Safe Sex
• Our Culture’s Motto: “If It Feels Good Do It”
• Fallout of Prior Sexual Abuse
• In a World Where Wrong is Right
• The Global Village
• Under Philippine laws, PMS is illegal.
• As far as our research has uncovered there
has only been one incident where this has
• In 2009, the Professional Regulation
Commission (PRC), revoked Hayden Kho's
medical license for unethical conduct and
• Under the bill, age-appropriate reproductive
health and sexuality education is required
from grade five to fourth year high school
using “life-skills and other approaches.”
• There is mandatory sexuality education
starting grade 5, and "malicious
disinformation" is penalized.
• Consider last year: CBCP sued the
government’s sex education plan and also had
public reactions to the condom giving act by a
• Among evangelicals use of education to teens
particularly through sermons during special
occasions such as Valentine’s Day, debuts
• Campaigns: True Love Waits
• Books: I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua
Harris, Lovestruck by Ronald Molmisa
• Culturally sex is a taboo subject. The sensitive
parts of the body are not to be mentioned,
and in fact there are no specific words
assigned to some of them, as well as some
sexual behaviors, so that it is not possible to
translate the English word equivalent. When
talking about sex, Filipinos use euphemisms
instead. This makes sexual education by
parents almost unnatural.
• Let marriage be held in honor among all, and
let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will
judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
1 Cor. 6:18
• Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a
man commits are outside his body, but he
who sins sexually sins against his own body.”
• "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious:
sexual immorality, impurity…”
John McArthur on Sex in the Scripture:
The message of Scripture regarding sex is simple
and consistent throughout: total physical
intimacy within marriage is pure and ought to be
enjoyed (Hebrews 13:4); but remove the
marriage covenant from the equation and all
sexual activity (including that which occurs only
in the imagination) is nothing but fornication, a
serious sin that is especially defiling and shameful
—so much so that merely talking about it
inappropriately is a disgrace (Ephesians 5:12).
Rebecca Singson, M.D.
• Keep them at home with an intact family
• Keep them in school
• Keep communications open
• Keep them spiritually grounded
• Strengthen parents’ roles perhaps through
“And these words that I command you today
shall be on your heart. You shall teach them
diligently to your children, and shall talk of
them when you sit in your house, and when
you walk by the way, and when you lie down,
and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
• Coordinate and work with those in positions
to do something regarding PMS data:
principals, law-enforcement people & media
• Build a movement by educating your youth
and local church, running a campaign or
developing and launching more material on