1. Digital technologies used in our media coursework.
2. BloggerWe used blogger to: Record all of our coursework, evidence and products in one place.Benefits: Kept all work in one place. Easy to view. Easy to access on any computer wherever you are. Keeps it safe and reduces the risk of loosing any work.
3. Unsigned.comWe used unsigned.com to: Find the artist and the song that we would make our video for.Benefits: We could search thousands of artists from all different genres of music. Use search filters to refine our searches to help find the right artist for us. Able to listen to songs by the artist. Receive contact information for the artist.
4. YouTubeWe used YouTube to: Research all sorts of music videos to see different styles of videos and identify conventions of music videos from our specific genre of music. Upload videos to receive feedback.Benefits: Able to search thousands of videos from many different genres in a matter of seconds. Able to pause, skip and rewind videos to concentrate on certain aspects.
5. Smart PhonesWe used smart phones to: Take possible location shots on the move and share with other members of the group through e-mail. Contact all other members of the group to discuss coursework and plan filming, editing and ancillary days.Benefits: Allowed us to keep to our tight schedule. Easy contact with all members at the same time. Send messages in seconds. Good quality camera and able to upload to the blog straight away.
6. HD Video CameraWe used the HD Video Camera to: Video all shots for the rough cut and the final cut of our music video.Benefits: Easy to use. High quality picture. Allowed us to easily film the shots we wanted to film. Able to fit to a tripod to get rid of any unwanted camera shake.
7. iMovieWe used iMovie to: Edit the clips and add the music to create our finished music video.Benefits: Easy to sync and cut clips. Able to use stabilisation on clips. Able to add transition effects between clips. Able to add effects to the clips such as black and white or glow. Able to publish the movie in high resolution for better quality.
8. Microsoft Publisher We used Microsoft Publisher to: Create each single digipak panel so that we could construct it all together. Benefits: Could use a CD template on the software to get the exact measurements and leave a professional looking finish. Able to edit pictures on the product for a black and white effect.
9. Microsoft Word We used Microsoft Word to: Create our poster for our ancillary task. Create our questionnaire to give our for our target audience research Benefits: Easy software to use. Easy to construct the product and make it neat looking.
10. Facebook We used facebook to: Upload videos which could be viewed by lots of people so that we could receive our vital feedback. Benefits: Easy to upload videos. Popular social network so we can receive a wide range of feedback.