1. Ch. 7 Sec. 3 The Human Life Cycle <ul><li>Objectives: </li></ul><ul><li>What are the stages of human development that occur before birth? </li></ul><ul><li>How is the developing embryo protected and nourished? </li></ul><ul><li>What happens during childbirth? </li></ul><ul><li>What changes occur from infancy to adulthood? </li></ul>
3. zygote embryo fetus Up to 8 weeks 9 weeks birth
10. umbilical cord <ul><li>rope between fetus & placenta </li></ul>
11. 3 stages of birth 1.labor 2.delivery 3.afterbirth <ul><li>contractions </li></ul><ul><li>cervix gets </li></ul><ul><li>bigger </li></ul>baby pushed out uterus vagina mom’s body placenta/ membranes come out
13. Figure 14 pg. 237-Twins
15. Fraternal twins are from 2 eggs & 2 sperm.
16. Unlike identical twins, fraternal twins have their own placenta and amniotic sac, which prevents them from actually touching each other.
17. Triplets are born in about 1 out of every 7,000 births.
19. infancy Shape & size change greatly When born-head makes ¼ body Dependent on others
21. childhood Starts @ 2 yrs. Bones & muscles grow More coordinated Language develops
23. adolescence Become adults physically & mentally puberty -able to reproduce Girls-ovulate & menstruate
25. adulthood After age 30-get wrinkles, muscles decrease Puberty ends Mental & emotional growth cont. Become wiser