1. TWITTER AND YOUR JOB SEARCH Have a professional looking profile pic Don’t tweet negative or inappropriate things Link your Twitter to your LinkedIn profileYou don’t have to be all-business, tweet about your hobbies to show off your personality BE YOURSELF, EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN
2. Search for Jobsand Internshipsusing hashtagsEx. #internship,#job, #dallasjob
3. Use hashtagsto learn more about your industry Follow experts Search for: #consulting#advertising #medicine #PR#engineering
4. Researchand FollowCompaniesfor updates and openings
5. FACEBOOK DO’S AND DON’T’S Have an appropriate looking profile pic (doesn’t have to be in a suit – but keep it clean)Keep it clean – you never know who is friends with your friends CHECK YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS!! Whenever FB implements huge changes, your privacy settings can change Let people know that you are looking for a job. Friends are more willing to help you than anyone else!
6. Get recommendations from professors, supervisors, etc.
7. Researchand FollowCompaniesfor updates and openings
8. Become familiar with your network andcontinue to connect
9. Join groups and learn moreabout your industry!
10. What’s YourBrand?
11. Show Your WorkExperience
12. Highlight YourEducation
13. Researchand FollowCompanies
14. Are You onMustangTRAK?www.smu.edu/career to register Other Boards: UCAN LinkedIn.com Internmatch.com Glassdoor.com Indeed.com SimplyHired.com