1. Social Media Job Search Success by Adriana Llames Syndicated personal branding blogger, published author, coach and speaker featured on ABC News, CNN, Fox Business, Huﬃngton Post and Yahoo
2. Social Media Networking: So many choices, so much frustra8on 200MM users per month | 61% growth since 2008
3. Social RecruiDng…does it ma:er? Over 80% of today’s employers use social media to source new talent 95% of companies using social media to source talent are using Linked In 39% of companies are using social media eﬀorts to recruit execuDve talent 35% of companies have hired a ﬁrm to use Social Media to promote their company to prospecDve employers 85% of hiring managers Google a candidate before, or aRer, an interview 45% of employers screen candidates using Facebook and/or TwiWer *Sources: CareerBuilder, WSJ, JobVite, Networking Naturally
4. Social Media RecruiDng…why it ma:ers Jobs, Jobs, Jobs Stay Connected Linked In’s exclusive job board, 73% of jobs are landed through TwiWer job posDngs, Facebook corporate pages with job tabs employee referrals. Use Facebook and LinkedIn to stay Free Expert Advice connected. via TwiWer feeds, LinkedIn Updates or Facebook posts e.g. 4 Ways to Successfully NegoDate a Find UnadverAsed Jobs Job Oﬀer, 10 Ways to Ace a 89% of jobs are not adverDsed, Phone Interview but they are tweeted and posted by FB friends. Employers Want You Employers spend their Dme searching for you, as do It Works!!! recruiters on LinkedIn (#1)
5. The LiWle Blue Bird …get tweeDng, get interviews TwiWer basics 140 character updates | 100MM monthly visitors |76% YOY growth | 460K new accounts per day |140MM tweets sent each day Tweet your way to Fortune 500 Director-‐level jobs, Kim did! What Kim did: Tweeted 3+ Dmes per day, linking her blog posts to twiWer and re-‐ tweeDng relevant posts from other users Result: Social media savvy Senior staﬃng manager at a Fortune 500 co. invited her to interview for their new “Director of Social Media”. (hint: her tweets were Human Resources related) Kim blew them away and moved through the enDre hiring process!
6. Friends, Family and Facebook …wiWy wall posts net jobs Facebook basics #1 website worldwide (#2=Google) | 550MM monthly visitors |332% growth since ’08 Land a new job – Whitney did! Get expert interview advice – Terry did! Whitney posted on her wall: “Anyone have a contact at Company X? I’d love to work for them here in AusDn.” Result: She’s the new sales rep for company X in AusDn! Her FB friends took the call to acDon: posted 8 comments, sent 4 facebook messages (friend>friend>brother, who works at the company) landing her at an interview in 2 weeks in her new posiDon within 6 weeks.
7. Connect With Me …and your network of job leads expands LinkedIn basics Only public social networking site | 120MM+ registered users | 200 countries| 10 languages | 50% internaDonal members Expand Your Network to land a job – Bob did! (Execu;ves from 100% of 2011 Fortune 500 are members; 75% use their hiring tool) Bob targeted 4 companies: With a brand new proﬁle, he began connecDng to former colleagues, alumni and others to ﬁnd key execuDves at those companies Result: Bob just moved from Michigan to North Carolina as the new execuDve of his #1 target company. Overcoming his frustraDon and fears with social media Insider 8p: Bob said, “I’m 50-‐ahem, anyway, why do I need to connect with these people?” (now he sends updates about N.C. life and how he’s using LI to hire staﬀ)
8. Social Media Success Must Have: …your personal brand (who are you?) Millions of professionals | Hundreds of countries | Only One YOU Your personal brand is more than fashionable, it is essenAal. Why companies brand: To provide you, their consumer, a view of their company (standards, expectaDons, product, etc.)…and get you to spend $$ “Just Do It” (nike) “We’ll leave the light on” (motel 6) “Think Diﬀerent” (apple) “UlDmate driving machine” (bmw) ”A diamond is forever” (debeers) “Don’t leave home without it” (amex) Why a personal brand : To provide hiring managers a view of your value, results and specialty skills…and land you the job
9. Go on, get social …sure, we can be twi:ering, facebook friends that connect on LinkedIn TwiWer @adrianallames Facebook www.Dnyurl.com/adrianallamesfacebook LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/adrianallames Blog www.adrianallames.com/blog eMail email@example.com Books www.careersudoku.com 312.536.3433 | adrianallames.com | 888.593.0098