2. The music industrycreates and performs music, both in theform of compositionand performances.
3. Itcomposed of singers, songwriters, musician, composer, publishers, writers, record industry, band managers,tour promoters, bookers and roadies.
4. POPULAR MUSICSimply called as pop music, belongs to any of a number of contemporary musical styles that are broadly popular..
5. The narrower meaning cover mainstream music that does not fall into other convenient style such as jazz or hiphop.
6. Inthe broader sense, popular music means any sort of music intented for mass consumption and propagated over the radio and similar media.
7. TYPES OF POPULARMUSIC
8. Country music Country music, once known as Country and Western music, is a popular musical form developed in the southern United States, with roots in traditional folk music, spirituals, and the blues.
9. Disco Discois an up-tempo style of dance music that originated in the early 1970s, mainly from funk, salsa, and soul music popular originally with gay and black audiences in large U.S. cities, and derives its name from the French word discothèque (meaning
10. Funk Funk is a distinct style of music originated by African-Americans Funk can best be recognized by its syncopated rhythms; thick bass line (often based on an "on the one" beat); razor-sharp rhythm guitars; chanted or hollered
11. Hip hopJazzRock and rollPunk rockProgressive rockAlternative rock
12. ROCK MUSICIncludes elements of several black and white AMERICAN music styles .In the early fifties ROCK MUSIC was initially referred to as ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
13. The use of ROCK ‘N’ ROLL is traditional in blues, a form of popular music that evolved in the 1950’s form Rhythm and blues. After 1964 , it was simply called ROCK MUSIC .
14. BROADWAYIs America’s contribution to musical drama.Broadway has a popular style so it is easily appreciated by ordinary people.
15. ELECTRONIC MUSIC Is kind of Music in which sounds are produced electronically. Composers use electronic equipment to produce sounds of the desired loudness,pitch, rhythm,duration and tone color
16. Many composers of electronic music use an equipment called SYNTHESIZER, to combine, modify and distort sounds. SYNTHESIZER can imitate the sound of of traditional traditional music instruments but are often used to create a unique new sounds.
17. MINIMALIST MUSIC Mainconcept is the use of small or minimal amount of musical material. Minimalisticmusic is often said to have a trance like or hypnotic effect.
18. CHANCE MUSIC Iscalled ALEATORY MUSIC or INDETERMINISTIC MUSIC.. This music is based on CHANCE. Theoretically, indeterminism is the opposite of serialism where the composers controls every details of a piece through numerical patterns.
19. John CageIs considered the father of INDETERMINISM