2. Marine Biome A marine biome is where water is salt and animals are interacting with each other. Millions of organisms live in this biome. Algae to Whales and Shrimps to sharks. I’m telling you if you go into this biome you will be swimming with schools of fish!!!!
3. Climate Data Chart
4. Marine’s Plants (or animal): Coral Reef
5. <ul><li>Coral reefs are aragonite structures produced by living organisms, found in marine waters containing few nutrients. </li></ul><ul><li>Coral reef are estimated to cover 600,000 square miles and 500,000 species. </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>Coral reef come in many Oceans, but popular in warm, shallow water like a tropical ocean. </li></ul><ul><li>The green zone in the map show the tropical ocean, home of coral. </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>Coral can be many kind, here an example of a Table Coral. </li></ul>
8. <ul><li>Do coral do photosynthesis? Some of them do,…but the algae inside of coral skeleton did all the work. </li></ul>
9. <ul><li>Beside coral, there many sea weed which is a food for several sea animal like seal, sea lion,… </li></ul><ul><li>Here an example of a funnel weed </li></ul>
10. Typical animal marine life
11. The otter is one of the typical marine life animals. The otter mostly lives at the top of the water, searching and eating clams and oysters for food and energy. The otter is a very intelligent creature using a rock to open clam shells and oysters shell . Otter
12. Clown fish The clown fish is another one of the typical marine life animals. This fish eats mostly plankton. He is about 6cm long. Hew lives in a sea anemone. You can find him in the coral reefs. They are very intelligent being able to hind in their home, and the enemies will get shocked by the anemone.
13. Jelly fish The jellyfish is surprisingly is not a fish. The reason they are not a fish is because they lack a spine. They just mostly free float. Jellyfish eat plankton and some are dangerous to humans because they are poisonous. Although some of their poisons are fatal and some just give us a rash.
14. Food Web
15. <ul><li>Oil spills and pollution, careless commercial fishing practices and general </li></ul><ul><li>disregard for delicate marine ecosystems </li></ul><ul><li>has given rise to several serious problems. </li></ul>Human Impact
16. Interesting Facts <ul><li>Coral reefs are animals not plants. </li></ul><ul><li>Great White Sharks are extremely rare in the oceans </li></ul><ul><li>Sharks are not endangered any more. </li></ul><ul><li>50-80% of living species live in the oceans </li></ul>Interesting Facts
17. Conclusion Today we figured out that there are many different types of plants and animals in the ocean. One thing we learned is that coral reef is an animal and not a plant. We also learned that fish are vary intelligent using homes to shock predators away, rocks to open shells and using their brightly colored lights to distract them.