1. 7 > > Step s Social Media Marketing Strategy. Powered by: Ali Hadi & Simon Maselli http://simonmaselli.com
2. Pre-Requisites What is it that you sell? What is your target market? How can you best connect your product to this market?
3. <ul><li>Establish your website and your blog. </li></ul><ul><li>Your website should be separate from your blog to maximize rankings on the search engines </li></ul><ul><li>(double listings) and to ensure your blog is not confused with a sales type site. </li></ul><ul><li>Remember we want to establish you as a friend or colleague in the eyes of the prospect. </li></ul><ul><li>Your blog should provide useful information about you, your products and your services. </li></ul>
4. 2. Establish profiles on the golden triangle of Social Media sites. Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. * Fully complete the information on all of these profiles and ensure that it provides a consistent message across networks. Customize each of these profiles to provide a consistent look and feel to provide customer familiarity with your brand.
5. 3 . Automate your blog to provide RSS feeds to each of these networks. Use simple and free tools to automate the feed from your blog to each of these networks. By completing this the information that you provide will be replicated 300% for greater exposure.
6. 4 . Facebook profile set-up * Set-up your Facebook business profile as a Page as opposed to a group or personal profile. This will ensure maximum exposure to the search engines and will not limit you in future growth of your fan base. * Create a customized landing page including a call to action to like your page as well as providing an email opt in opportunity for an additional marketing source. * Create a customized profile badge of your business that provides sufficient information to allow someone to decide if your are a friend or colleague at first glance. Do not get caught in the crowd. http:// www.facebook.com/proactivebrand
7. 5.Twitter set-up * Create a Twitter profile with a simple short code name for your business * Create a customized profile background of your business that provides sufficient information to allow someone to decide if your are a friend or collegue at first glance. Do not get caught in the crowd. * Follow industry leaders in your niche. http:// twitter.com/alihadi
8. 6. Linkedin set-up * Complete the full profile on linked in. Yes this is time consuming but well worth the effort. * Join communities of industry leaders in your niche. http:// www.linkedin.com/in/alihadi
9. 7. Join the conversation * The key to Social Media is your interaction with your followers. * Make a Facebook competition or event that users can interact with * Setup Twitter on your mobile, iPad and laptop * Join in on linked in conversations and become a recognized leader.