National Pet Adoption Month
Make your pet feel special!
10% Off Bathing or 15% off for pets with proof
of adoption in the last 6 months!
• The number of homeless pets in the
United States is staggering! The surplus
is in the millions here. Cats are 45 times
as prolific, and dogs 15 times as prolific,
So How Many Pets Does That Equal?
• As of 2013 there were 313 Million people
in the US! How many homeless pets does
• 14,045,000,000.00 – OVER 14 Billion
• 4,695,000,000.00 – OVER 4 Billion Dogs
Horses count too!
• In 2012 (despite there not being slaughter
houses in the United States), 176,223
horses were exported to Mexico, Japan
and Canada for slaughter.
To find them all homes…
• Every person in the US (Man, woman and
child) would have to own:
• 15 Dogs
• 45 Cats
• And around 1 horse per 10 house holds
How can we help?
• Spay & neuter cats, dogs and male horses
• Responsible breeding (if you must)
• Adopt instead of buying – save a life!
Shelter Euthanasia Info:
• Did you know that not only does
irresponsible pet ownership lead to
homeless and unwanted pets, but costs
tax payers hundreds of thousands of
dollars to pay for shelter operations,
including euthanizing unwanted pets.
• These next few slides show what shelter
euthanasia rates and expenses were for
How Much Money!
• Over $29 Million Dollars of taxpayer
money was spent in this 6 county area in
2012 on unwanted animals!
• Did you know that there are dozens of
rescues in our area!
• 75% of the animals that these non-county
funded rescues pull, are death row pets
from county shelters, taken in an effort to
• These rescues survive on donations and
adoption fees to cover their costs!
Adopted pets are often a better
• A pet from the shelter typically cost $100-$200,
but most of them are up to date on vaccines,
deworming, and have been spayed or neutered!
Just those services alone costs between $200-
• When you buy a puppy from a breeder, you pay
$300+ for the pup and then all the expenses of
vaccines and spay/neuter is additional! A typical
puppy first year cost upwards of $700.00 just in
appropriate medical care!
Shelter Pets are Often Trained
• Depending on the rescue, lots of their pets
are already leash, crate, and obedience
trained! This also saves you time and
money. They typically go through behavior
evaluation as well. This helps match your
home situation with the right animals (i.e.
– kid or other animal friendly, etc…)
Some Local Pet Adoption
• Adopt An Angel
• CAT Adoption Team
• Columbus Co Humane
• Cape Fear Rescue
• Coastal Carolina Saint
• ECHO – German
• German Shepherd
• Half Way Home
• Monty’s Home
• Pender County Humane
• PEAR – Pender
• SE German Shepherd
• Schnauzer Rescue of
• Sunburst Foundation
Local Equine Rescue:
• United States Equine Rescue League –
Cape Fear Chapter (USERL)
Save a life & make a life long
• Adopt your next pet & make a difference
June Clinic Promo
• All bathing is 10% off
• If you have proof of adopting your pet in
the last 6 months, you get 15% off of
• Come make your pet feel GOOD!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.