Open Source and the New Economics of IT - Ingres CIO Doug Harr
- 2,173 views
Open source ECM is proven to :
* Lower Total Cost of Ownership
* Eliminate licensing fees and vendor lock-in
* Deliver faster proofs-of-concept
* Provide a complete solution for managing all enterprise content
Many companies are already leveraging open source ECM to take control of their ever growing business content at a fraction of the cost of proprietary ECM market solutions and without the danger of vendor lock-in.
The Ingres ECM Bundle for Alfresco enables innovative document management, team collaboration, and knowledge management applications.
Basing the ECM solution on Ingres Database guarantees unique high availability features that make compliance with auditing requirements an easier task, and cost much less.
Ingres CIO Doug Harr shares examples on how he uses content management solutions from Alfresco.
He also discusses the significant trends affecting the IT market today.
Embracing The New Economics of IT by adopting open source ECM will help companies to:
* better maintain their systems during the economic downturn,
* keep essential projects alive, and
* pursue innovation that can help guarantee a competitive advantage when conditions improve.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views