• There is a growing demand for Data
Scientists possessing skills and detailed
knowledge in Linked Data.
• Open Educational Resources (OERs) and
MOOCs are changing the landscape of
• Ways in which Linked Data principles and
technologies can be used to support
online learning and create innovative
educational services will be explained.
• We will in particular rely on the data
catalogue, use cases and applications
considered by the LinkedUp project.
Tutorial scope (contd.)
• New online learning methods will be
taught for supporting the teaching of
• The lessons learned and the best
practices derived from designing and
delivering a Linked Data curriculum by the
EUCLID project will be discussed.
Part I: Supporting Online Education with Linked Data
1. Using Linked Data for Learning & Education (30-40 mins) - Stefan
2. Practical session: The LinkedUp catalog, dataset explorer,
applications (20-30 mins) - Besnik Fetahu
4. Coffee break
Part II: Development of a curriculum for Linked Data
1. Development of a Linked Data curriculum (20 mins) - Alexander
2. Delivering Linked Data training to data science practitioners (20
mins) - Marin Dimitrov
3. Practical session: Evaluation of a EUCLID online course (30 mins)
- Alexander Mikroyannidis
4. Q&A and wrap-up (20 mins)