Poster presentation environmental sample from assignmentsupport.com essay writing services
Fig: Poster for the community Development in Sydney
This project done in Sydney was for the grassroots tree plantation (Tan Yigitcanlar et al, 2008) so that the excess of carbon di oxide can be
removed and the quality of air can be improved and also the effect of GHGs can be reduced. In Melbourne this green street project can be
successfully implemented for the quality air and to reduce the effect of GHGs. As in Melbourne because of lack of green trees and involvement
of the high technology and long stories building creating the GFGs (St.Louis VL et al, 2000) and also the quality of air is not improved. This
problem is in urban areas mostly. This will also save the water and that can be used for urban areas. The water can be saved in two different
ways as follows:
The tree wells will contain special soils that save water in two ways:
First, the mix of red lava rock and soil helps retain storm water that would otherwise run off directly into the City's storm drain, relieving
burden off of the City's infrastructure system in the future.
Second, trees and soil help filter out pollutants in storm water and prevent them from entering our precious Bay habitat.
The department of planning and community development in Melbourne can use this concept (Gwyndaf Williams, 1999) as for the use of seeking
water sensitive tree that will help in urban forestry. The streets of the urban areas of Melbourne will be better and the living style will be
reclaimed. The community will be improved and the life will be restored in the green and quality air environment. The employment will also
increase in Melbourne. The government need to find out the urban areas in Melbourne where there is no tree and is lack of the quality
environment. After this the government will go for the forestry department and the biological department to improve this planning of tree
plantation and restoration of the human lives in the society. This project will need to reconstruct the streets in Melbourne which will cost to the
government and also to the human living in Melbourne (Scott Baum & Brendan Gleeson, 2010) urban areas. This idea for the community
development is very feasible as the same has been tested in other city too so it is not difficult to start this innovation in the urban areas of
Melbourne. The costs will also not more for the restoration of the lives (Jan Gehl, 2006)and also the reduction of the harmful gases in the
environment. The employment will also increase in Melbourne so there is no issue in starting the project. This policy is not used in Melbourne
before so very useful to use. This idea will offer number of opportunities as discussed. This policy is little bit tough as need to dig out each street
of Melbourne and then need to plant but it is okay in the streets where the width is more but in narrow urban streets it is tough to establishment.
The overall analysis is that the Idea can be implemented in Melbourne but need some effort to do it.
1. Tan Yigitcanlar, Kevin O’Connor, Cara Westerman, Cities, Volume 25, Issue 2, April 2008, Pages 63-72
2. Gwyndaf Williams, Progress in Planning, Volume 52, Issue 1, 1 July 1999, Pages 1-100
3. St.Louis VL, Kelly CA, Duchemin E, Rudd JWM, Rosenberg DM (2000), Reservoirs surfaces as sources of greenhouse gases to the
atmosphere: a global estimate. BioScience 50:766-775
4. Scott Baum & Brendan Gleeson (2010), Space and Place: Social Exclusion in Australia's Suburban Heartlands, Urban Research Program,
Griffith University, Nathan, Australia. 135-159
5. Jan Gehl (2006), “Life Between Buildings”, excerpt from Chapter 1, Life Between Buildings (Danish Architectural Press), pp. 9-39.
Problems concerns in Melbourne:
1. Employment rate is decreasing
2. Increasing in CO2 and GHGs effect on urban life
3. Consistency in the living standards of the people
4. Pollution problem in Melbourne
5. No Plantation of trees on streets
6. Saving of Water
7. Traffic Jams in the streets of urban areas