3. PRODUCTION LEADERSHIP NEEDEDBe a fearless leader, not an order taker. Ask why? And start thinking about yourinteractive as early as possible.• What is the goal of this website or this i-pad app? What will the press release say?• Never stop asking questions like how long does this ‘thing’ need to live for?• How do we update it?• Have a Google strategy. We didn’t talk too much about search engine marketing butit is essential.
4. AGENCY TEAMSA few tips on who to hire and how you will play together.• Hire more digital designers• Traditional creatives need to brainstorm with UX people and developers• Some of the best digital producers are people who once were developers• A 25-year-old developer will be going head to head with ﬁfty-year-old ECD• Have someone technologically knowledgeable in the room as early as possible• Use your internal team for pitches and prototypes, but hire specialists for the rest• Hire an digital strategist if you do not have one in place at your agency
5. THREE PEARLS OF WISDOMThis is easy.• Always present work in context. http://www.designerstoolbox.com/•Know how your client is measuring the success of your digital campaign (clicks,uniques, data)• Sell the emotion of the experience.
6. KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENINGCheck out The FWA (http://www.thefwa.com/)Design Charts (http://www.designcharts.com/) for the cool shit.
8. RESOURCE LIST FOR MOBILE AND TABLETThe Mobile Design Processhttp://mobile.tutsplus.com/tutorials/mobile-design-tutorials/the-mobile-design-process/The Dos and Don’ts of Mobile Applicationshttp://www.getelastic.com/mobile-app-dos-donts/iPad Apps Dos and Dontshttp://www.uxbooth.com/blog/ipad-app-dos-and-donts/Considerations for Mobile Designhttp://www.uxbooth.com/blog/considerations-for-mobile-design-part-1-speed/Best sites to get mobile resourceshttp://www.ekoob.com/best-sites-to-get-mobile-resources-4523/Smartphone Infographichttp://rww.readwriteweb.netdna-cdn.com/assets_c/2011/06/the-intellegent-shopper-30494.php
9. Stndrd_ @Digital RFP ChecklistCREATIVE DEVELOPMENTo Brief Objective (Brand Awareness, Product Sales, etc) o Target group (Primary/Secondary)o Campaign Project Lifespan o Other Brand/Campaign Creative/Strategies/References o Other: ASSET/PROJECT PREPARATIONo Brand Guidelines o Information Architecture o Graphics/ Logos/ Fonts /Etc. o User Flow/User Experience o Other: SCOPEo Brand site o Mobile applicationo o Online gameo Rich media ad units o Social media applicationo Campaign site o Web videos o Other: ASSET GENERATIONo Design Development (Graphic Design/Illustration) o 3D Renderingo Live Action Shoot (Partner/Director: ) o 2D Rendering/Compositing/ Animationo Stock Footage/Photography oo Sound Design o Music: Licensed/Originalo Sound Mix o Other: SCHEDULEo Start date o Approval deadlines (including client/legal reviews)o Creative review dates (#of revisions, timeframe for approvals) o Final delivery dateo Tracking strategy and dates o Launch dateo Animation/build dates o Post-launch optimizationo Alpha delivery oo QA scheduleTECHNICAL CONSIDERATIONSo Screen Resolution oo OS Compatibility o Licensing of Software Requiredo CPU/Processor Speed Requirements o Localization Requirementso Browser Compatibility o Admin/Moderation Requirementso o Integration with Current Brand/Project Back-End Environments o Hosting/hardware Requirements (server setup, CDN) (Client IT Management)o Page Load Limitations oo Search Engine Optimization Requirements o Support Agreement/RequirementsOTHER CONSIDERATIONSo Licensing of content o Awards submission and project credentialso Full outline of scope o Team and time neededo Full listing of deliverables o Other:
10. make images bleed if possible
11. make images bleed if possible
12. What challenges do you face at your agency andhow can we help you today?