1. Amanda Lemon The Mental Measurements Yearbook: How to use it and stuff…
2. First… Why the MMY? Hmmm…
3. Norming a test… <ul><li>Validity </li></ul><ul><li>Reliability </li></ul>va·lid·i·ty və-li-də-tē, va- noun Measures what it is is supposed to measure re·li·abil·i·ty
i-lī-ə-bi-lə-tē noun Results are consistent each time under the same circumstances
4. The MMY’s Purpose <ul><li>To provide test reviews (if available) </li></ul><ul><li>To provide info about (price, publisher, etc.) </li></ul><ul><li>To be critical </li></ul><ul><li>To make test makers strive to better </li></ul>What is the Mental Measurements Yearbook? The Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) includes timely, consumer-oriented test reviews, providing evaluative information to promote and encourage informed test selection. Typical MMY test entries include descriptive information and one or two reviews written by professionals in selected fields.
5. How the print MMY is organized <ul><li>Volumes are not cumulative </li></ul><ul><li>Current MMY series is alphabetical </li></ul><ul><li>Indexes- Subject, score, acronyms, etc. </li></ul>
6. Okay, so… Two ways to access: Print editions (vlms. 1-17) in Reference at call number Z5814.P8 B932 Anywhere from our homepage library.uco.edu *Just remember that coverage here starts at volume 9 onwards*
7. Then there’s this other book… Print Edition available in Reference at call number Z5814.E9 T47 Another book?! Wha? Anywhere from our homepage library.uco.edu
8. Now why/why not use TiP (Tests in Print)? <ul><li>First, there are NO reviews in the TiP </li></ul><ul><li>TiP, however, is comprehensive (to the best of their ability) with test info </li></ul><ul><li>TiP helps you locate what’s what in MMY </li></ul>What is Tests In Print? Tests in Print (TIP) serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. Information includes test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication date(s), and test author(s). Tests in Print also guides readers to candidly critical test reviews published in the Mental Measurements Yearbook series.