Project On Gucci_ Italy..by ADP's Variablezzzz!!!!!Presentation Transcript
• Gucci is an Italian company founded in Florence & is considered to be themost recognized fashion brand all over the world.• Gucci is known for its high quality leather products & hand making shoes.• Gucci accelerated internationalization in 1989 and targeted young youth.• Gucci, right now is operating more than 450 stored globally.
Guccio Gucci Guccio was born in Florence ( 26march 1881- 2 January 1953). He was an Italian business man &fashion designer. He is the founder of the house of Gucciand son of an ordinary merchant.
• The dream of “Gucci” first started in 1921, after he had gainedexperience on the luxury luggage famous people carried inSavoy Hotel in London.• After the World War II, due to material shortage, Gucci createdhandbags made with cotton canvas instead of leather which wasquite famous back then.• After Gucci launched its first stores in Italy, Gucci expanded toManhattan in 1953, which was considered the first Italianluxury store in U.S.A.• The last 20 years of the company were tough and things startedto go from bad to worse. But in 1993, Tom Ford was hired and hewas the one to put Gucci back to the top.After Tom Ford was hired, Gucci generated 4.2 billion by 2008and it was known as the biggest selling Italian brand in theworld.• Later on, Gucci launched a children’s line in June 2010 and therewere 40 stores in the world that had the children’s line includingthe UAE.
AWARDS WON BY GUCCI
• Vogue Best New Designer (1995)• Designer of the Year (1996)• CFDA International Designer of the Year (1996)• Elle Style Awards Style Icon Award (2000)• British GQ International Man of the Year Award(2000)• Timeᾼs Best Fashion Designer (2001)• GQ Designer of the Year (2001)• First Annual Fashion Design Achievement AwardAt the Cooper Hewitt Design Museumᾼs NationalDesign Awards (2003)• The brand also occupied 46th position in thebusiness week magazine, which featured top 100brands in 2007
GENIUS JEANSGuinness Book Of World record cites theGucci “ GENIUS JEANS” as the mostexpensive jeans of the world. A pair ofnormal Gucci jeans that has beendistresses, ripped & covered withAfrican beads. When it was presented inMilan back in October 1998, it got anastonishing price of $3,134.
In 1972 Gucci got associated withAmerican motors association, & nowIt has launched its own car featuringJenifer Lopez as its spokes person.This year sees the celebrations of 150years of Italian unification and on theoccasion of the 90th anniversary ofthe establishment of the Gucci brand.Fiat and the Florence-based labelpresent the "500 by Gucci", animportant partnership between twobrands that have always expressedItalian genius and creativity acrossthe world..
• Gucci’s Handbag and Leather goods accounted for $1.2 billion in sales in 2012.• Percentage of Sales Growth from:• Japan 11%• Europe 14%• North America 24.9%• Asia (excluding Japan) 28.5%• In 2010 it generated 2266 million euro revenue.
Brand PositioningThe Gucci Targets Customers: Middle age High income High status Businessman
Workers in the companyPatrizio Di Marco : President & Chief Executive(CEO)DOMENICO DE SOLE President And Chief ExecutiveOfficer Of The Gucci Group And Chairman Of The Group’sManagement Board.Ray: CREATIVE Director(menswear)Farida Giannini: Creative Director(women Wear & Children)
Mission Statement & GoalsMission Statement:"The Price Is Forgotten Long After The Quality Remains".
Vice PresidentBob BarkerVP of Corporate Marketing &Digital Engagement
HOW GUCCI ADVERTISEOR COMMUNICATE
• Luxury brands will always have a strong followingbecause of the lifestyle affinity the brand promises.• Many brands move into social media to protecttheir brands but for Gucci, they realize socialmedia is another channel to connect with theircustomers• Guccis high ranking offline is magnified onlinebecause of the social webs ability to allow people togather around what they love, whether they canafford it or not.
MARKETING DONETHROUGH SOCIALMEDIA
• Gucci has an excellent start into their foray intosocial media marketing. Their Facebook page hasattracted 3.7 million friends, their Twitter handlehas over 34,000 followers and their YouTubechannel has nearly 300,000 views.• This isnt necessarily a measure of success, but itdoes point to the affinity consumers have withtheir brand and the potential that the web offersthem to engage with these consumers.
• If you look beyond the number of friends andfollowers, however, you can see that Gucci isprimarily providing content rather than engaging intwo-way communication.• The advantage of having conversations directly withconsumers is that Gucci can then extend their onlineengagement to supporting their customers, seekproduct innovation• at the same time as utilizing peers to peer productadvocacy. It would also help them grow theirfollowing and introduce the brand to new customers.
• Another advantage with social media is theopportunity to engage with brand advocates.• As an established brand, Gucci probably has manyfan-based communities that would welcome thebrand joining them and supporting theircelebration of Gucci products and the lifestyle itrepresents. This, indeed, is the opportunity thatsocial marketing offers.• In being ranked as number 6, Gucci is well on itsway to growing its online presence but it certainlyhas many opportunities to expend its presentefforts
STRENGHT Strong Brand Name. Strong Presence in International Market. Directly operated stores More control over Distribution Channel.
WEAKNESSES Unstable Management. Has to invest huge money in order to protect and maintain itsbrand image. Diversified product range, hence has a risk of brand dilution
OPPORTUNITIES Emerging luxury markets in emerging economies likeIndia and China. Creating competitive advantage in different businesssegments. To target the youth segment with stylish designs.
THREATS Threat of competition from medium brands that havepotential to move towards premium brands in the future ex.Zara and GAP Product substitution is easily available.
LENNY KRAVITZ• Well, apparently the singersigned an agreement withFrida Giannini, the artisticdirector of Gucci, to wearGucci models during his tour“Love Revolution”. He wore 20models by Gucci during hisconcerts started on May 29 inSpain.
BLAKE LIVELY• GUCCI Of London has hiredthe American actress andmodel, Blake Lively as its newface. She has been chosen due toher impeccable style andattitude, says Gucci creativedirector Frida Giannini.
CHARLOTTE CASIRAGHI• The 24-year-old beauty —granddaughter of Princess Graceand daughter of PrincessCaroline — replaces Evan RachelWood as the luxury brand’sambassador. Charlotte, whowears custom Gucci attire tocompete, from UNITEDKINGDOM
TANISHA MOHAN• Tanisha Mohan aka Tashuhas been expected to beappointed as the BrandAmbassador of Gucci inIndia.
LI BING-BING• Gucci(China)hired li bing-bingfrom CHINA asthe spoke personfor them.