2. Introduction to nursingI choose this career because i like to helppeople and nursing would be somethingeasy to do.• You have to go to college for 6 years• Get your bachelors degree
3. Job descriptionBeing a nurse is, taking care of patientsbefore they see the doctor. The doctorgoes straight off of the information yougathered about that patient.
4. Working conditionsNursing requires a lot of physical activity. Thereis a great deal of bending, standing andlifting.It can be emotionaly demanding,especially if you are wokring with severly ill ordying patietns
5. Training/qualifications• When going to college for nursing youhave to go through 4 years orcollege/university and 2 years ofcollege/technical training.• to become a nurse i recommend you havecommunicative skills and concern forpeoples well beings
6. Outlook/earnings• They make up to 44,000 to 94,000 dollarsa year• you work normal hours but should alwaysbe ready for an emergency
7. Technology uses• laptops alone make a huge difference.They use to carry around folders of thepatients information but now they can uselaptops or even ipads.• CT scans also are a huge help becauseyou can see whats really wrong withsomebody internally instead of justexternally.
8. SummaryThis job still seems appealing to me evenafter all the research. Because its a goodpaying job and i get to do some of thethings i like to do. Most of all i get to helppeople get better. And that alone makesme feel better about myself.
9. Facts about nursing• Florence Nightingale, the most famousnurse in modern history was only a nursefor 3 years.• In the U.S. military , approximately one-third of all nurses are males• The New England hospital for women andchildren, established in 1862 , was thefirst nursing school in the country.