From Idea to Capital Raising
Development Pty Ltd.
New business initiatives
•Is it novel?
•Is there are market?
•Does it work?
•Phase 1 – working the concept
•Phase 2 – invention phase
•Phase 3 – commercialisation
Define where you or your
company is at.
New business initiatives & products
• Integration – exploit IP
• Capitalisation –raise funds using IP
• Licensing – on-sell IP
• Brand, trademarks
• Financials & reporting
• Marketing collateral
• Plant and equipment
• Property / leases
• Customer relationship management & systems
Trade with an exit in mind.
• IPO – ASX listing. Costs
• trade sale
• Pursue strategy to build value into offering
• Significance on PE at sale
Why equity capital?
• Debt vs equity
• Venture capital
• Angel Investors
• Personal Offers
• Matching services – ASSOB & Wholesale Investor
The Australian Small Scale Offerings Board
(www.assob.com.au) is the largest
platform for showcasing investment opportunities in high-
growth, unlisted Australian companies.
• Almost $100M equity capital raised via ASSOB
• Over 200 companies have listed on ASSOB
• Currently more than $500M market cap listed on ASSOB
• ASSOB operates the only secondary board in Australia
serving the unlisted sector
• Based on the current running rate over 100 companies are
expected to list on ASSOB this year.
The Alchemy Innovation
Experience in developing and taking to market
new technologies and early stage entrepreneurial
Dan Liszka Kate Ingham Andrew Dowe James Clarigdge Hercules Tsoutsas