SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
The NIST Cloud Computing “Standards Acceleration to Jumpstart Adoption of Cloud Computing” (SAJACC) Working Group pursued a strategic process to facilitate development of testing methodologies ...
The NIST Cloud Computing “Standards Acceleration to Jumpstart Adoption of Cloud Computing” (SAJACC) Working Group pursued a strategic process to facilitate development of testing methodologies applicable to cloud computing products and standards. The purpose of this process was to create formal US Government (USG)-based use cases and validation mechanisms that would ensure identification of the detailed capabilities of cloud computing products and standards in terms of their ability to support the US Government’s “Cloud First” information technology strategy, and to test cloud computing products and standards against these use cases.
The SAJAAC process was designed to incorporate the output of other NIST Cloud Computing working groups where possible, especially that of the Business Use Case Working Group, and to identify specific features that reflect USG priorities for cloud computing, which include aspects related to security, interoperability and portability. Future work is anticipated to extend the SAJACC framework to features that touch on other recently identified priorities, including aspects of accessibility and performance. By constantly integrating such aspects identified by other related NIST Cloud Computing topical work, the NIST SAJAAC process is designed to produce a validation process that will help support a sustainable, secure USG cloud infrastructure.
This working group report captures the results of this process to date and makes the following conclusions and recommendations to NIST to proceed from Phase I to future Phase II work of the SAJACC group:
1. Replace the SAJACC use case internal organization with one based on the current structure of the NIST Cloud Computing Reference Architecture and Taxonomy;
2. Add further use cases based on current extensions to this taxonomy for recently developed Cloud SLA Metrics and NIST Cloud Computing Security components;
3. Integrate further input as necessary from the NIST Business Use Case and Standards Roadmap groups, and work closely with these groups to identify additional use cases;
4. Study and adopt use case template elements from the US VA Bronze, Silver and Gold Use Cases and from additional formal input from US Government agencies;
5. Add automation and tooling, if possible, to the NIST web site to support community downloading of the NIST SAJACC use cases and their associated templates for testing scenarios and uploading of externally produced test results;
6. Conduct, invite and document additional use case demonstrations of cloud standards and applicable products against the SAJACC use cases to illustrate their features;
7. Solicit and add further recommendations from the community at large through meetings of the SAJACC working group.
This report therefore comprises the conclusion of Phase I of the SAJACC process to date, and the plan for initiation of Phase II with the goal to implement the above recommendations.