1.Read page 290 in your textbook.
2. Answer the 3 questions under the
“Practice” section for your Bell Work.
3. If you finish early, complete the “apply”
activity at the bottom of the page.
I can describe
the culture of
• Greece is East of Italy
• Greece is located at
the tip of the Balkan
• East of Greece is the
Roughly one- fifth of the land mass in
Greece consists of widely scattered
In recent decades the islands have lost a lot
of their population because of the decline
of traditional agriculture and fishing.
Today their major industry is tourism.
The biggest Island in Greece is Crete
-97.4% of the Greek
-2.6 % Minorities:
-60 % of people live in urban
• The majority of Greece has a Mediterranean climate
• Winters in the mountains are bitter, but summers are mild.
• Summers on the coast are dry and hot, and the winters mild
and wet summer
• Temperatures in Southern Greece can be very hot
• Dips are served with bread loaf or pita bread:
• Taramosalata, is made with fish roe, potatoes and olive oil.
• Greek salad is made with tomatoes ,cucumber, red onions,
feta cheese, kalamata olives, olive oil and lemon.
• Mossaka is and oven baked layer dish cooked with
aubergines, ground meat and tomatoes similar to lasagne
• Kleftiko is lamb slowly baked on the bone with garlic and
lemon juice and herbs
State religion: Greek Orthodox Church
Religion by percentage:
around 97% orthodox catholic
0.2 % atheists
1.7 % no confession
1.Read pages 291-293 in your textbook
2.When finished, work with your partner to
create a graphic organizer showcasing what
you learned about Ancient Greece.
HOW? 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 will be partners
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.