1. JUPITER SYSTEMS PRODUCT INNOVATION INITIATIVE ...MAKING BETTER PRODUCTS FASTER
2. NEW PRODUCTS PROCESS Ideas Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) Product Requirements Document (MRD) Technical Requirements Documentation $hip Product
3. WHAT IS THE MRD? • Meaning of MRD – "Market Requirements Document", is a document written by the Product Marketing Group to express their wants and needs for the product or service. Once written the MRD is then given to an Engineering Team to propose a new product or revision. Product Needs Product Engineering AgreementMarket Team Team MRD Product Ideas
4. COMPONENTS OF MRD• Executive Summary • Systems & Technical• Purpose Goals Requirements• Delivery Date • Quality Assurance &• Target Market & Testing Customer• Overall position• Competition• Use Model• Customer needs & Corresponding Features
5. WHAT IS THE PRD?• Meaning of PRD – “Product Requirements Document", is a document written by the Engineering Team or Product Management Team to define the product being made.• Functional Requirements• Usability Requirements• Technical Requirements – (e.g. security, network, platform, integration, client.)• Interaction requirements – (e.g. how the product should work with other systems
6. WHAT IS THE TECHNICALREQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT?
7. NEW PRODUCTS PROCESS Ideas Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) Product Requirements Document (PRD) Ideas Shipping Product
8. NEW PRODUCTS PROCESS Ideas Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) Product Requirements Document (PRD) Ideas Shipping ProductJupiter Challenge. Create a process to make this easier.
9. ALLOWING PRODUCT IDEAS TO COME FROM Customers Employees
10. WHAT IS THE TECHNICALREQUIREMENTS DOCUMENT? Customer/Emplo yee has great idea Email Yammerteam/group
11. NEW IDEA FILTER PROCESS Idea Generation Exec Sponsorship New Product MRD Initiative Group
12. INFORMATION EXEC SPONSOR MUST PRESENT TO NEW PRODUCT INITIATIVE GROUP• Project scope • 3rd party requirements• Purpose Goals • Gating factors or dates• Target Market • 3-year revenue estimate• Competitive response or • Gross margin estimate new opportunity • Estimated project costs• Competitive Alternatives (internal and external)• Initial estimate of technical feasibility• Obvious development risks