1. Distinctive colour– Those colors ranging between sand and dirt, yellow and white, and brown color of the gravel to perform several functions :1. Concealing Coloration2. Mitigation of radiation of sun which falling on their bodies.
Their sandy fur helps to reflect heat, and alsoprovides excellent camouflage.
2. Circadian Rhythm• A circadian rhythm is a roughly 24 hour cycle in the physiological and behavioral processes of living beings – animal activity Starts at specific times commensurate with their ability to withstand climatic conditions.• Their burrowing and nocturnal lifestyle helps restrict water loss
Their burrowing and Nocturnal lifestyle helpsrestrict water loss
3. Special adaptations to move on the sand• Fennec foxes and Jerboa have thick fur on the soles of their feet, which insulate against the hot sand of the desert. This extra fur on the soles of their feet also affords them excellent traction in the loose sand.
Think about adaptation here !
large Ears• Their large ears, which are usually 6 inches long (15 centimeters), help dissipate excess body heat on hot days in the desert.
5. Water Balance Reptiles get water directly through :1. Free water "drinking”2. From food . “in directly “ through: Oxidation water (the water produced by all animals when they metabolize food).
• The fennec fox seems to be the only carnivore living in Desert able to survive without free water. Their kidneys are adapted to restrict water loss, their extensive burrowing may cause the formation of dew, which can then be consumed, and they will receive moisture from the food that they eat.
Avoiding Heat” Behavioral techniques”•Stay in their Burrows or in the shadow spot..