1. PROJECT ONSYNDICATE BANK (w.w.w.syndicatebank.com) SUBMITTED BY NAME OF GROUP STUDENTS 1. Miss. AKSHATA BHOIR2. Miss. SWAPNALI NARVEKAR ROLL NO.59 &60 (F.Y.B. BANKING & INSURANCE) SUBMITTED TO UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI. PROJECT GUID (MRS.ADITI PADGAONKAR)V.P.M’S N.G. BEDEKAR THANE (W) ACADEMIC YEAR (2011-2012)
2. CERTIFICATE VPM’S K.G &N.G BEDEKAR ARTS & COM. THANE (W) (www.syndicatebank.com)THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT, MISS.AKSHATA BHOIR, SWAPNALI NARVEKAR HAS COMPLETE THE PROJECT REPORT ENTITLED (SINDICATE) AS A PARTIAL FULFILMENT OF INTRODUCTION OF COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR FIRST YEAR BANKING & INSURANCE NAME OF CANDIDATE AKSHATA BHOIR & SWAPNALI NARVEKAR ROLL NO.59 & 60
3. I AM PROUD TO PRESENT BEFORE YOU MY PROJECT OF BANKING ON SYNDICATE BANK.I UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF OUR TEACHER INCHARGE QUEENSLY MISS HAS MADE ME TO PREPARE THE PROJECT WITH THE VALUABLE SUGGETION FROM TIME I WANT TO LIKE TOMAKE YOU SPECIAL MENTION OF TEXT BOOKS OF BANKING LAW AND PRACTISE FOR THE ACADEMIC SUPPORT TO THE PROJECT OFINVOLVING THE DESIGN OF THE PROJECT AND ALSO FOR AUTHENTICATING AND REVIEWING IT I HAD GREAT TIME MAKING OF THIS PROJECT .
4. TABLE OF CONTENT HISTORY OF SYNDICATE BANK. VISION. VARIOUS SERVICES. SYNDICATE’S GLOBAL DEBIT/ATM SERVICES. CREDIT SERVICES. RATE OF INTEREST. E-BANKING. SYNDICATE SMS BANKING
5. SYNDICATE BANK HEAD OFFICE:MANIPAL-576109 Syndicate Bank was established in 1925 in Udupi, the abode of Lord Krishna incoastal Karnataka with a capital of Rs.8000/- by three visionaries - Sri UpendraAnanth Pai, a businessman, Sri Vaman Kudva, an engineer and Dr.T M A Pai, aphysician - who shared a strong commitment to social welfare. Their objective wasprimarily to extend financial assistance to the local weavers who were crippled by acrisis in the handloom industry through mobilising small savings from thecommunity. The bank collected as low as 2 annas daily at the doorsteps of thedepositors through its Agents under its Pigmy Deposit Scheme started in 1928. Thisscheme is the Banks brand equity today and the Bank collects around Rs. 2 crore perday under the scheme.The progress of Syndicate Bank has been synonymous with the phase of progressivebanking in India. Spanning over 80 years of pioneering expertise, the Bank hascreated for itself a solid customer base comprising customers of two or threegenerations. Being firmly rooted in rural India and understanding the grassrootrealities, the Banks perception had vision of future India. receptive to new ideas,without however getting uprooted from its The Bank has been operating as acatalyst of development across the country with particular reference to the commonman at the individual level and in rural/semi urban centres at the area level.The Bank is well equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century in the areas ofinformation technology, knowledge and competition. A comprehensive IT plan isbeing put in place and the skills and knowledge of the Banks personnel are beingupgraded through a variety of training programmes to promote customer delight inevery sphere of its activity. The Bank has launched an ambitious technology plancalled Centralised Banking Solution (CBS) whereby 500 of our strategic brancheswith their ATMs are being networked nationwide over a 4 year period. The Bank ispioneer among Public Sector Banks on launching CBS. Our bank has already achievedCBS implementation among all its branches. Thus, the bank is 100% CBS enabled.
6. SYNDICATE BANK SERVICES LTD.The SyndicateBank has promoted "SyndBank ServicesLimited" as a wholly owned subsidiary to undertake BPOactivities. The subsidiary, incorporated as a governmentcompany commenced its operations in March,2006This initiative of the Bank heralds a new beginning in theIndian Banking industry by carving out the first BPO outfit of aNationalized Bank. 1.Facilitating customers to file their Income Tax Returns 2.Back Office functions relating to Government Business Transactions & Interest / Dividend Warrants issuance/ payments 3.Managing BCTT, Service Tax collection and Bonds Issue 4.Undertaking Credit Rating of Banks borrowersProviding guidance and maintenance of records for PF,Pension and Gratuity Trusts
7. •Steps for Registration of Verified By Visa and Generationof One Time Password (OTP) for Syndicate GlobalDebit Card -• Syndicate Global Debit Cards VERIFIED BY VISA. To getyour card approved and to create a password -• DETAILS of SyndicateBank Global Debit/ATM Card -• Latest list of contact numbers of 24 hour Help Line forcredit and debit cards and our Card Centre -• SAFETY TIPS FOR SyndicateBank DEBIT / CREDIT CARDHOLDERS -RBI guidelines on settlement of failed ATM transactionsand free ATM transactions at other Bank ATMs effectivefrom 01.07.2011
8. •. Format for Removal of Internal security limit•. Steps for Registration of Verified By Visa andGeneration of One Time Password (OTP) for Syndicate GlobalCredit Card•. Syndicate Global Credit Cards VERIFIED BY VISA. To getyour card approved and to create a password click here•. DETAILS of SyndicateBank Global Credit CardOPTION FORM for receiving Credit Card Statement throughEmailPayment of Credit Card Bills :1. How to register for BillPay-Internet Banking - Procedure2. Format of ECS Registration Guidelines- Credit Card BillPayment by ECS3. Format of ECS Mandate Form - Credit Card Bill Payment byECS4. Pay your credit card bill using NEFT - for details Latest list of contact numbers of 24 hour Help Line for credit and debit cards and our Card Centre SAFETY TIPS FOR SyndicateBank DEBIT / CREDIT CARD HOLDERS
9. RATE OF INTEREST•Please click here to know Domestic Deposit Interest Rates (latest)•"Your Deposits are Insured with DICGC" Please click here to know more about DepositInsurance•Please take a print of Account Opening Form - Common for all types of DomesticDeposit accounts•Non-resident (External) Rupee Accounts (NRE A/cs.) - For Interest Rates Click NREA/c•Foreign Currency Non-resident Accounts (FCNR(B) A/cs) - For Interest Rates ClickFCNR (B)•Interest rate on RFC (SB)Rate of Interest applicable on renewal of overdue deposits•The interest at the appropriate rate operative on the date of maturity of such overduedeposits, shall be payable on the amount of deposit so renewed, if the overdue depositis renewed within 14 days from the date of maturity.The interest applicable on renewalof overdue shall be either the rate prevailing on the date of maturity or on the date ofrenewal, whichever is less where the overdue period exceeds 14 days from the date ofmaturityPenalty for premature closure of deposits•Penalty at the flat rate of 1% shall be deducted from the applicable interest rate forthe completed period on premature withdrawal of all Domestic / NRO Term Depositsaccepted / renewed irrespective of the period completed by the deposit concernedPenalty for premature renewal of term deposits•Interest to be paid on premature renewal of Domestic Term Deposits at 0.50% belowthe rate applicable for the period the deposit has remained with the Bank or 0.50%below the contracted rate, whichever is lower.
10. E-BANKINGInternet Banking 1. Application Form 2. Terms and Conditions 3. Guidelines for Retail Option Users 4. FAQs - Internet Banking 5. Funds Transfer to Other Banks (NEFT)Credit Card Bill Payment Procedure• Internet Banking• Internet Banking, which is emerging as an all-pervasive channel, is gaining acceptance amongst our clientele. The nureased considerably. In addition to the basic services of account details, statement of accounts etc., the following services are provided to enhance customer service• e-ticketing for Railway ticket reservation• Utility Bill payment through Internet banking
11. SYNDICATE SMS BANKING SyndSMS Banking Bank has launched SyndSMS Banking facility for our CBS Branch Customers. For full details, please click on the following links to view/download the details of this Customer- friendly facility. If you need any further clarification/support You are welcome to contact your nearest CBS Branch for more details Major services under SyndSMS Mobile Banking include SMS Enquiry facility and SMS Alert Facility