Logging into Canvas
1. Go to NNHS’s homepage and click on the Canvas logo. To go
there directly, the URL is naperville.instructure.com.
2. To log into Canvas, enter your first initial middle
initial last name (ex. aekraftson) for the username
and your Active Directory password (the password
you use to log into the computers at school).
3. Click on Courses & Groups and select the course you want to
4. You can customize what classes you want to see by
clicking on Customize and selecting which classes you
want to see or de-selecting the classes you do not want to
Add Ways to Contact You
1. Click on your name.
2. You can add your personal email address and/or your
cell phone by clicking on Add Email Address and/or Add
3. Enter your Cell Number and select your Carrier from
the dropdown menu. Click Register SMS.
4. After you enter your Register SMS, Canvas will send
your four-character confirmation code. Enter it, and then
Setting-up your Notifications
1. Click on your name>Notifications. For each type of notification, you can select the following:
notify me right away, send daily summary, send weekly summary, or do not send me anything.
Based on your selections, you will be notified for all classes. For example, if you select ASAP for
Due Dates, you will receive a notification for all due dates in all classes.
Saving Files to Your Canvas Account
1. Instead of a flashdrive or your H-drive, you can save files in Canvas.
To do so, click on your name and select Files from the navigation bar
located on the left-hand side.
2. Depending on what you are trying to save, you have the option of
upload a single file, multiple files, or an entire folder. Click on Add Files
or Add Folder to do so.
Submitting an Assignment
1. To submit an Assignment, click on Assignments and
then the title of the Assignment. In the upper right-hand
corner, click on the Submit Assignment icon.
2. You will be given the option to upload or choose a file from your Canvas account. Once you
have made your selection, click Submit Assignment.
Viewing Comments for a Graded or Peer Reviewed Assignment
1. To view in-text comments for an assignment, click on Submission Details located in the
upper right-hand corner.
2. Your assignment will appear in the main body of your screen. Click on the magnifying glass
to view your in-text comments.
3. If you would like to download your assignment with the comments, click on the download
icon. You can download the assignment at a Word file (without the comments) or as a PDF
(with the comments).