WIPRO – Western India
Founded by Hasham Premji in December 1945.
Started as a vegetable oil company from an old mill.
Azim Premji, took on the leadership of Company at the
age of 21.
He repositioned Wipro into a consumer goods company
that produced cooking oils, laundry soap, wax and tin
In 1977, it entered the Information Technology Centre.
In 1979, it began developing its own Computers.
In 1980, it moved in software development and started
developing customized software packages for their
Spirit of Wipro
Intensity to Win
Act with Sensitivity
Spirit of Wipro is the core of Wipro. It is the
contemporary articulation of the never changing
values that Wipro Practices and is rooted in
“When I look at where we have come, what gives me tremendous
satisfaction is not so much the success, but the fact that we
achieved this success without compromising on the value we
defined for ourselves? Values combined with a powerful vision
can turbo-charge a company to scale new heights and make it
succeed beyond one’s wildest expectations.” Azim Premji
• Forecast manpower requirements..
• Cope with changes – environment, economic, organizational.
• Use existing manpower productively.
• Promote employees in a systematic way.
• Systematic analysis of HR needs in order to ensure that correct
number of employees with the necessary skills are available when
they are required.
Evolution of Six Sigma at
• Enabled decision making based on metrics and
• If you know how many “defects” are there, you can solve
them one by one to have “zero defect”.
• Statistical method to translate information and makes
• Work Smart and not Hard.
• Wipro achieved: 91% scheduled project delivery.
• 10+ years of experience with six sigma.
RecruitmentAnd Selection Sources
Promotions & Transfer
Education and Training
Employee Selection Process
Training and Development
• Critical Training
• Minor change
• Short Shelf Life
• Frequent Updates
Wipro Training Model
Leadership Development Program
• Giving Feedback to employees.
• Identify employee training needs.
• Forma basis for personal decisions: Increments, Set
• Provide opportunity for organizational diagnosis.
• Facilitate communication between employer and
• On the basis of :
• Education to employee’s children.
• Nobody Should die without funds
• Housing in own township
• Canteen facility or allowance
• Recreation activities
• Club membership
• Insurance policy
• Wings within.
• Wipro Leadership Program
• Recognition: Wipro Hall of fame, Mastermind, Thanks a
zillion, Dear boss.
• Long services award
• Medical assistance program.
• Educational Assistance program
• Interest free loan : car & housing
• Contingency Loans
• Wipro Employee stock option plan
• Credit Cards