Case study on jet blue Airline
Mr.Abul Khair Jyote
School of Business
MKT 350, SEC 1
MD. Akib Uddin Bhuiyan
Sajib Uddin Ovi
Saquiba Binte Ali
• Low-fare passenger airline with a differentiated product and a
high-quality customer service.
• Serving underserved markets and large metropolitan areas.
• Offering both short-haul and long-haul routes that are pointto-point.
• On April 11, 2000 they announced their initial public offering
of its common stock.
• Currently operates 180 flights per day.
• The jet blue was founded in 1998 by DAVID NEELMAN.
• Its motto was “bring humanity back to air travel”
• offering nonstop service.
• 11th place in the top 25 U.S airlines by the end of 2004.
• It was the first airline to deploy the new Embracer 190
• Jet blue was the first to offer free live television.
• Start a company-combined the low fares of a discount airlines
• Customer have- cheap and affordable flights-US and
• make customer service no1 priority
• aircraft that comfortably-equipped with modern
Key elements of JetBlue’s new
• Reevaluate the ways the company was using its assets.
• Reduce capacity and cut costs.
• Raise fares and grow in selected markets.
• Offer improved services for corporations & business
• Form strategic partnerships.
Gaps and recoveries
Listening gap (Knowledge gap)
• Lack of upward communication
• Inadequate service recovery
• Lack of knowledge about customer expectation
Service design and standard gap
• Poor service design
• Absence of customer driven standards
• Inappropriate physical evidence and service cape
Gaps and recoveries
Service performance gap
• Role dilemma, inappropriate compensation
• Problem with service intermediaries
• Failure to match supply and demand
• Ineffective management of customer expectation
• Inadequate horizontal communication
low cost carriers
JetBlue’s website and airport
Airline staff is highly trained
Good customer service
Effective use of technology
fast and safe way to travel.
cabin are not easy to get.
It only covers 11 countries
Does not have presence in Asia
and other unsaturated areas
Weak financial reporting
It has been using a single fleet
JetBlue financial position is
strong so it can think of
Rise in fuel prices
expanding nationally and
Add up more services for
Increase number of flights
• Bad weather
• Compensate passengers with long waiting hours
• Failure of regular flights
• strategic changes
more air craft’s in same routes,
decentralization of power,
take quick action according to the necessity.
• Operational changes
proper coordination between the crews,
proper communication with the customers about the needed
Use mobile as a media.