Google Glass is a wearable computer with an optical head-mounted
display(OHMD) that is being developed by Google in the Project
Google Glass displays information in a smartphone -like hands-free
format, that can communicate with the Internet via natural
language voice commands.
23 April 2014
WHAT MAKE IT WORKS?
1.5 GHz microprocessor
Inbuilt 16 Gb Memory
Bluetooth 4.0 and wi-fi
5mp camera with 720p video recording
Voice censor and mice and speaker
Battery (6 hrs. backup)
3 axis gyroscope 
3 axis accelerometer 
3 axis magnetometer (compass)
Ambient light sensing and proximity
23 April 2014 6
• Wearable Computing
• Ambient Intelligence
• Eye Tap Technology
• 4G Technology
• Android Technology
• Augmented Reality
23 April 2014 7
• Worn by the bearer under , with or on top of clothing.
• Developed for general or special purpose information technologies and media
23 April 2014 8
• Electronic environments that are sensitive and responsive to the
presence of people.
• Devices work in concert to support people in carrying out their
everyday life activities.
23 April 2014 9
EYE TAP Technology
• EyeTap is a device that is worn in front of the eye that acts as a
eye to record the scene available to the eye as well as a display.
23 April 2014 10
• 4G Technology is basically the extension in the 3G
technology with more bandwidth and services offers in the 3G.
• This system provides higher data rates of 100 Mbps in mobility
to 1 Gbps while stationary
23 April 2014 11
• Android is a Linux-based operating for mobile devices such
as smart phones and tablet computers, developed
by Google in conjunction with the Open handset Alliance
23 April 2014 12
• Augmented reality is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-
• Real-world elements are augmented by generated sensory input such
as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.
23 April 2014 13
1. You can make calls via Glass.
2. Say “take a picture’ to take a picture
3. Google Glass you can record hands free
4. If you’re lost Google Glass will rescue you.
5. Google Glass can be a translator.
6. Google Glass is faster than a smartphone.
7. You can make Google Glass like Google.
8. Google Glass make social networking easy.
9. Google Glass can let you know how fast you are
23 April 2014 20
• Glass is sleek, light and easily wearable and you won’t require keeping it on and
off your pockets, like mobile phones.
• you can use it while doing day to day activities.
• Glass will provide you detailed information and satisfactory results on your
• capturing video or image is more effective.
• sharing is easy.
• Easier navigation and maps will be provided through Glass.
• Can be used by a handicapped person.
23 April 2014 21
• Due to pop up adds and notification regular obstacle during day to day life.
• No public privacy concern so the worry of leaking out information still remains.
• As display is too near to the eyeball it may cause serious damage to eyeball.
• Cost is too high around 1500$ but after mass production its will be reduced to
23 April 2014 22
• Google glasses are basically wearable computers that use the evolving familiar
technologies that brings the sophistication and ease of communication and
• Hands free technology by Google.
• Assistance to disabled individuals.
• Google Glass is fashionable and frame colors are available in gray, orange, black,
white and light blue.
23 April 2014
• Glass received recognition by Time Magazine as one of the
“Best Inventions of the Year 2012”.
• After a visit to the University of Cambridge by Google's chairman
Eric Schmidt in February 2013, Wolfson College professor John
Naughton praised the Glass and its achievements in hardware and
23 April 2014 24
• Content- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_glass
• main website- http://www.google.com/glass/start/
• Blogs- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-scoble/google-glass
• Other sites- www.mashable.com/category/project-glass/
23 April 2014 25