1. Country Presentation on Finland<br />Presented By:<br /> Akash Gupta<br />
2. Flow of Presentation<br />Introduction of the Country.<br />Geographical area.<br />Culture, language and Food.<br />Political parties of Finland.<br />Relationship among both countries.<br />Trade between both countries.<br />Fact and figures of last 4 years(Trade).<br />Comparison of GDP `s.<br />How it will help us in future?<br />
3. Introduction<br />Finland was founded in 1917 by the Finnish people.<br /> (Before that it was a part of Sweden)<br />Finland religions are- Evangelical Lutheran 89%, Russian Orthodox 1%, none 9%, other 1%.<br />The currency is Euro .<br />The most likely dance in Finland is Ballet dance or Finnish dance.<br />There are some famous sea & rivers as well<br /> Baltic Sea, Gulf of Bothnia, Gulf of Finland, Archipelago Sea.<br />
4. Geographical area <br /><ul><li>The total graphical area of Finland is : 338,145 sq km .
5. The climate conditions of Finland are quite cold.
6. Finland is located in Northern Europe.
7. The population of Finland till 29th sep 2011 is : 5,384,129
8. Helsinki is the capital of Finland
9. Some famous places of Finland are : waterfront buildings in Helsinki, Espoo, coastline, and more.</li></li></ul><li>Map Of Finland<br />
10. Culture, Language and Food<br />The culture of Finland culture are :Finnish, Finn, Finlander.<br />There are two official languages of Finland are: Finnish and Swedish.<br />About 93 % of the people speaks Finnish and only 6 % speaks Swedish language.<br />The Finnish people mostly eats Bread(Karelian Pie) which is made up of <br /> potatoes and Non-veg as their food.<br />Hot dogs -- there's pork, beef and even deer available for all occasions.<br />Finland is especially famous for wild berries .<br />
11. Political Parties Of Finland<br />The current Prime Minister is JyrkiKatainen of the National Coalition Party.<br />Political parties of Finland are –National Coalition Party<br />The Finns<br />Centre Party<br />Left Alliance<br />Green League,<br />Christian Democrats of Finland<br />
12. Relationship among both countries<br />India has very good relationship with Finland since 1967 .<br />There are about 8000 Indians are living in Finland and mainly in the capital Helsinki.<br /> In terms of investment the relation is fantabulous among both the countries.<br />There are 80 companies of Finland & 30 companies of India established in both the countries.(This shows that the relations among both the countries)<br />There are many Indians doing their own business there and about 800 are doing jobs in companies like-Nokia ,Kone elevators etc.<br />
13. Companies established in India and Finland<br />
14. Trade between both countries<br />Indo-Finnish economic and trade relations have grown steadily in last 10 years.<br />Major exports items from India are – garments, made ups and textiles.<br />Other exports items are- metals, iron and steel, chemicals, petroleum products and leather.<br />Major imports from Finland include telecommunication equipment, power generating machinery and other machinery.<br />The trade has increased at a vast rate in last 4 years.<br />There is bilateral trade reaching (Euro) €748 billion in 2008 .<br />Year 2010 was the most trade full year till yet.<br />
15. Fact and Figures of last 4 years trade.<br />
16. Comparison of GDP rate of last 12 years <br />The GDP of India has always increased in the last 11 years .<br />In year 2011 the GDP of India has declined dramatically about 2.7%.<br />The current GDP of India is 7.7%.<br />The GDP of Finland has always in fluctuation in last 12 years.<br />If compare to India`s GDP the rate of Finland GDP is quite low in last 12 years.<br />
17. GDP rate of last 12 years<br />India GDP <br />Finland GDP<br />
18. How it will help us in future?<br />Finland and India have traditionally enjoyed warm and friendly relations .<br />Tourism: Favoured Finnish tourist destinations in India are Goa and Kerala, though the country will get foreign exchange.<br />There are many bilateral agreements signed by both the countries for making a better future in terms of growth.<br />Investment: On the investments side, large Finnish companies like Nokia, Kone elevators, Wartsila and Elcoteq have set up manufacturing facilities in India.<br />Technology: As we have discussed earlier about 80 Finnish companies now have operations in India and 30 Indian companies, mainly in the software and consultancy sector are working in Finland.<br />Clantech of Finland wants to work with an Indian company.<br />The prime minister of Finland is going to visit in India in the month of October . <br />