1. Ancillary Products and analysis/conventions blink-182 UK Album Release Product which is being advertised Date on which the product goes on sale. Name of product Logo of band Neutral colour code Band website Same font used throughout Name of band
2. The Kooks 2011 USA Tour Picture that relates to the band Writing is hard to make out which can put people off. Dates and where the shows are. Name of band. When the tour Is. Actor Promoting the tour. The actual venue is underneath In smaller writing and in A different Font. Ancillary Products and analysis/conventions
3. Ancillary magazine analysis Enema of the State is the third studio album by American pop punk band Blink-182. Recorded at various locations throughout California with producer Jerry Finn, the album was first released on June 1, 1999 in the United States on MCA Records. "What's My Age Again?", "All the Small Things" and "Adam's Song" were released as singles, each highly successful. The main feature on the magazine poster for 'Enema of state' album is the 'nurse' which will attract the attention of their main target audience which is young males through sex appeal . The magazine poster for enema of state album is promoting their hit single 'whats my age again' which represents which album to buy and if they didn't know who Blink 182 were it is attracted a new costumer base. The text is Large and simple to read as the font is plain therefore will be easy to read at an glance. This means that people don't have to stop to read it and take in the information easily. As the target audience is young males/teenagers the lack of text on the information is beneficial as people don't have to remember much and the striking image will remind them of the album. The colour theme of the magazine poster has plain bold colours that clash with each other. The bright contrasting colours attract people to the poster compared to a dull colour theme therefore along with the image of the 'nurse' it grabs the audience attention straight away making them want to buy the album The main feature on the magazine poster for 'Enema of state' album is the 'nurse' which will attract the attention of their main target audience which is young males through sex appeal .
4. Ancillary magazine analysis The main feature on the magazine poster for 'Enema of state' album is the 'nurse' which will attract the attention of their main target audience which is young males through sex appeal . The colour theme sticks to the conventions of the colour wheel as it attracts the audience. The colour theme could represent the bands genre and attitude towards music. The distorted effect on the image of the NOFX band represents their genre of music and what the audience can expect from the band if they attend on of their gigs. It also could represent their reckless attitude and their crazy 'rock n roll' life style to let them fans see who that are expressed through the magazine advertisement. The support of the band is in a different font to represent the divide between them as well as the 'Plus guests' is in a smaller font to show the importance of the support band for the advert. The date of the tour advertised is in two fonts the date they are at the venue is smaller as it not as important than the where the venue is. The city where the venue NOFX will be playing at is highlighted to attract the audience at a glance. In addition the advert promotes the sponsor of the venue eg 'Carling' NOFX is an American punk rock band from Los Angeles, California. The band was formed in 1983 by vocalist/bassist Fat Mike and guitarist Eric Melvin. Drummer Erik Sandin joined NOFX shortly after. In 1991 El Hefe joined to play lead guitar and trumpet, rounding out the current line-up. The band rose to popularity with its album Punk in Drublic (1994), which was certified gold, and is now considered a classic punk album by fans and critics alike. NOFX's mainstream success was signified by a growing interest in punk rock during the 1990s, NOFX has never been signed to a major label The graffiti fits with the genre and is known to be used with in the genre.
5. Band recognition and image. I’ve noticed the more famous the band are the less amount of effort is put into their products. The blink-182 advert is very basic and has no colour and their a well known band whereas Nofx on the Other hand are a less known band and yet have a colourful ‘in your face’ band poster. I think this can be seen a lot in bigger bands because their image is already made for them and less effort is needed. The kooks USA tour advert is good because Its a picture of a picture which is quite inventive, whereas the blink-182 poster Again is basic. Blink-182 rely a lot on band recognition because a band image has already been made, whereas NOFX rely on their band image because they have been recognised massively this is shown on their advert from them messing about.