Make a list in your books of all the
ways in which you can carry out
Research is a critical component to completing a sound
piece of fieldwork.
Before you go on your trip to Brighton, it would be great
if you had done some preliminary research into;
• Where Brighton is,
• How it has changed,
• Why it has changed,
• Who goes there,
• What you might to expect to find when you visit.
Carrying out Research
• Some useful tools:
• Google Time slider
• Google Street View:
• Brighton and Hove council require all their new tourist brochures to
have a section of information on Brighton’s history. This is all part
of ensuring that they retain Brighton’s historical culture whilst
considering future rebranding.
• In pairs you are going to research Brighton to produce a mood
board and this information can eventually be published in this new
• You can use the sub-heading below to support you:
• Where is Brighton?
• How has it changed?
• Why has it changed?
• Who goes there?
• What you might to expect to find when you visit?
You could divide your mood
board into past, present, future…
Save your mood board in the shared
• Thinking back and looking forward, turn to the
person next to you and describe your vision
for Brighton in the future.