Future of Antarctica
• (Don’t write down…)
• Worries about land based tourism, e.g.
snowboarding and the impacts that this
would have on the ecosystem as a whole.
• Larger cruise ships arriving.
• Oil spills from ships that sink.
• Greater awareness of this last
wilderness to promote protection.
Antarctica – to what extent can it cope with
the development of a tourist industry?
• Write a magazine article for National geographic
answering the question above.
• Remember to include;
– What impacts (positive and negative) does extreme tourism
have in Antarctica?
– What will Antarctica look like in the future (positive and
• Use your text book, notes, internet and the A4
handout to help you.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.