Essbase Application Creation
1. Login on Essbase Administration Console:
Go to Start menu click on all programs then go to Oracle EPM System then click Essbase
folder and start Essbase Administration Console.
Enter Username & Password then click OK
2. Expand Essbase server then select your Hyperion server. For new application creation just
Right click on Application and click on create->Application select any storage type as per
3. Enter Application name then click OK.
4. After clicking Ok your application successfully created.
1. Right click on your created application then just click on create Database.
2. Enter the database name & click OK.
3. After creating database you seen the following window.
4. For create outline double click on outline. For adding dimension and members in outline
right click on outline:sample and select Add child then enter your dimension and members
according to your requirement.
5. After creating dimensions and members you seen the outline hierarchy like below.
6. For Loading Data in your outline create a text file and enter data that you want to load.
(Note: Data are enter only on child member)
7. Now we create Rule file. For creating rule file right click on database then go to create and
select Rules file.
8. After opening rules file do the following setting like define delimiter custom and dimension
data load setting then click ok and save rules file by any name.
9. For loading data just right click on database and select load data. You seen the following
First select the data file that you had created.
Select mode load only.
Find rules file and click ok.
10. For view loaded data. Right click on database and select preview data.
11. By using Calc script you can apply the calculation on your loaded data.