1. IEEE CRCE(Branch code# 60351)<br />Fr.Conceicao Rodrigues college of engineering<br />Fr. Agnel Ashram<br />Bandstand<br />Bandra West<br />Mumbai:400050<br />
2. <ul><li>Students branch established in 1995
3. Under the initiative of Dr. B.R.Prabhu,ourformer vice principal and senior member of IEEE India council.
4. The branch has been active in various activities of IEEE Bombay Section.</li></ul>HISTORICAL BACKGROUND<br />
5. OUR VISION AND MISSION<br />
6. BRANCHORGANISATION<br />
7. EVENTS ORGANISED 2010-2011<br />
8. EVENTS <br />
9. <ul><li>IEEE-CRCE was honored with the responsibility </li></ul> of organizing AISC-2010.<br /><ul><li>It was attended by over 100 student IEEE members from all over India
10. Held on September 24th-26th ,2010</li></ul>.<br />AISC-2010<br />
11. <ul><li>Techjunkie is a club started </li></ul> last year for the second<br /> year students.<br /><ul><li>With a view to get students </li></ul> interested in various hobby<br /> projects and subsequently <br /> take part in various <br /> competitions.<br /><ul><li>Under the club various workshops</li></ul> such as level two robotics were <br /> conducted.<br />TECHJUNKIE<br />
12. <ul><li>Held for the first time in history of Fr.C.R.C.E.
13. More than 20 teams participated.
14. Many topics such as LED vs. LCD,RFID vs. RUBEE were hotly debated upon.</li></ul>TECHNICAL DEBATE<br />
15. <ul><li>Solder of fortune was organized for the first year students.
16. More than 70 students participated and the pair which did the best soldering was awarded.</li></ul>SOLDER OF FORTUNE<br />
17. <ul><li>Crescendo is CRCEs annual tech fest in which IEEE organizes various events.
18. Last year it was held on October 15th and 16th , 2010.
19. IEEE organized events like Robotrek, Snakes and ladders and Reverse Engineering</li></ul>CRESCENDO 2010<br />
20. <ul><li>Robo trek was an event for the robotics enthusiastic
21. All the students who had earlier completed a level one robotics were encouraged to bring the cars which they had made for this event
22. They had to overcome a obstacle course in the least possible time with their car in one piece</li></ul>ROBOTREK<br />
23. <ul><li>This was a hard core electronics event where the participants were given soldered pcbs.
24. They were asked to understanding the working of the circuit from the pcb itself.
25. Along with that they had to desolder the components and implement the working circuit on the breadboard.
26. It was an extremely successful event with more than 70 participants.</li></ul>REVERSE ENGINEERING<br />
27. <ul><li>A fun event of CRESCENDO-10
28. Had participation of more than 50 students
29. Students asked questions regarding electronics and related fields as theme of the game</li></ul>SNAKES AND LADDERS<br />
30. <ul><li>Every year after the odd semester exams a 10 day industrial visit is organized.
31. Last year we visited Kerala and Goa.We visited the power electronics department at Keltron and the museum at Vikram Sarabhai space centre in Kerala and the electric transducer department at GE consortium in Goa</li></ul>INDUSTRIAL VISIT<br />
32. <ul><li>Technomania is a 2 day</li></ul> event organized every year<br /> in the month of March.<br /><ul><li>Students from various degree </li></ul> and diploma colleges across <br /><ul><li>Maharashtra and Karnataka </li></ul> participated.<br /><ul><li>The first day there is a project</li></ul> demonstration and next day <br /> paper presentation.<br />TECHNOMANIA-2011<br />
33. <ul><li>IEEE Bombay section has decided to organize a series of lectures across various colleges
34. In Mumbai IEEE- CRCE was honored with the privilege of organizing the inaugural lecture.
35. The inaugural lecture was delivered Mr.AbhayPhansikar on Embedded system. It was held on August 20, 2011.</li></ul>EMBEDDED SYSTEMS SEMINAR<br />
36. <ul><li>The workshop was conducted on September 3, 2011.
37. The workshop consisted of a brief presentation followed by demonstration of two way communication using ham radio.
38. The workshop was conducted by Dr.M.G. Bhatia, Mr. Ketan Mehta and Mr. JayeshBanatwala , who are all licensed Hams.</li></ul>HAM RADIO WORKSHOP<br />
39. <ul><li>About IEEE Women in Engineering </li></ul> IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists.<br /><ul><li>Mission of IEEE WIE </li></ul> The mission of IEEE WIE is to inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide.<br /><ul><li>Vision of IEEE WIE</li></ul> IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men innovating the world of tomorrow<br />WIE- IEEE CRCE<br />
40. <ul><li>A PEAK INTO EMBEDDED SYSTEMS.</li></ul> It was a seminar held on embed systems by Mrs. Sapna Prabhu, a senior faculty member pursuing her PHD in multicore systems.<br /><ul><li>Circuit Syndrome</li></ul> It was conducted for the first year students to get them acquainted with the various tricks for solving networks<br /><ul><li> Horizons Unplugged</li></ul> It was conducted during Crescendo. It was a presentation competition where students presented various topics selected by them <br /><ul><li>Aeromodelling</li></ul> It was a workshop conducted by space apple. It covered various topics related to flight such as drift, drag etc.It culminated with the participants making a actual aero plane of Indian Balsa Wood <br />EVENTS ORGANISED BY WIE<br />
41. ACHIEVEMENTS<br />
42. A few ways to be in touch with us:<br />Mail us your ideas,query,suggestions at email@example.com<br />Our website : http://frcrce.ac.in/IEEE/index.html<br />Contact Numbers: <br /><ul><li>Mrs.Swapnali Mahadik (Makdey) (Branch Mentor):+919773491874