10 Ways To Recalibrate Your Recrui4ng Process And Technology Presented by Elaine Orler Talent Func4on Group, LLC Hosted by: ERE Sponsored by: Talent Technology
Talent Func4on Group Talent Func4on is a consultancy whose mission is to facilitate the evolu4on of the corporate staﬃng func4on. Talent Func4on helps staﬃng leaders and solu4on providers to deliver results for their clients. Talent Func4on combines project‐based consul4ng with execu4ve coaching services to address the people, prac4ces, and soJware that make up the Talent Acquisi4on func4on. A B Transac4onal Measurement Regional TA Global TA Applicant Centric Direct Sourcing Recrui4ng Manager Talent Leader
Polling Ques4on One Which organiza4onal model best describes your recrui4ng func4on: A. Centralized ‐ recrui4ng resources and budgets report into recrui4ng leadership B. Decentralized ‐ recrui4ng resources and budgets report into divisional leadership C. Generalist ‐ recrui4ng and budgets are a subset of the broader HR role/responsibili4es D. Outsourced ‐ recrui4ng resources are provided by a third party organiza4on E. Combina4on of two or more of the above F. None of the above
Agenda Across 3. to remove unreasonable elements from to undergo a change in form, 4. appearance, or character to combine elements into a single or 6. uniﬁed en4ty 7. to form a mental image of the act of making a catalog or detailed 9. lis4ng to associate or mingle sociably with 10. others Down to be in agreement in ac4on, sense, or 1. feeling to break down into basic parts; dissect; 2. dismantle to make as eﬀec4ve, perfect, or useful as 5. possible 8. to become normal; resume a normal state
1. Harmonize to be in agreement in ac4on, sense, or feeling Ac4on Exercise –Big Picture Recruiter Workload Survey internal customers on Sense the overall recrui4ng performance for 2010 Business Impression Survey external customers on Feeling the overall experience in 2010 Candidate Experience Exercise – Tac4cal Review and update recruiter job 4tles, descrip4ons
2. Deconstruct to break down into basic parts; dissect; dismantle Evaluate the parts as individual parts Turn the evalua4on sideways Exercise: Answer this ques4on: What can we do to guarantee no one will ever return a call, show up for an interview or accept our oﬀer? Measure that outcome against the ac4vi4es that are done today. Iden4fy cri4cal ‘part’ failures and order new ones
Polling Ques4on Two Are you feeling the pull to increase recrui4ng in 2011? A. Yes ‐ we are ramping up quickly B. Yes ‐ we are just star4ng to consider it C. No ‐ were s4ll on the fence looking for signs to ramp up D. No ‐ weve never slowed down ‐ were recrui4ng like crazy E. Dont know either way
3. Ra4onalize to remove unreasonable elements from Recrui4ng leaders need to always be prepared to present a solid business case for what you need. Exercise Summarize what Recrui4ng is measured by – by the business Redeﬁne what Recrui4ng should be measured by in 2011
4. Transform to undergo a change in form, appearance, or character Unless we shiJ with the ini4a4ve of ‘Talent as a Compe44ve Advantage’, we risk being reduced to administra4ve support. Exercise: Where are you today? Where does your organiza4on need to be? Today Tomorrow Tactical Strategic Line Knowledge Line Expertise Business Partner Coach Administer Inﬂuencer Recruiter Talent Consultant
5. Op4mize to make as eﬀec4ve, perfect, or useful as possible Exercise: Invite an ergonomics specialist to visit and make recommenda4ons on the recruiter/recrui4ng coordinator’s workspace Computer environment Desk Screen Review the desktop op4ons for main applica4ons Font size Naviga4on preferences Archive historic emails/folders/ ﬁles from 2009
6. Synthesize to combine elements into a single or uniﬁed en4ty What work is redundant that could be eliminated if there were an integra4on? Job Pos4ng Mobile Career Portal Workforce Succession CRM Planning Planning Perform. Video ATS Mgmt Interview Internal Learning Mobility Mgmt On‐boarding Comp HRMS Beneﬁts Payroll
7. Visualize to form a mental image of Exercise: Graphically represent Recrui4ng in 2011 Write a Press Release for 2011
8. Normalize to become normal; resume a normal state • Descrip4on What is the • Value Proposi4on Project? • Stakeholders • Audience Impact What is the • Increase/Decrease Value? • Return on Investment • Opera4onal Changes What is the • Resource Alignment Eﬀort? • Financial Investment Pace cars, or safety cars, are used in professional race car event. They set a certain speed for cars behind to follow.
9. Inventory the act of making a catalog or detailed lis4ng People Role Deﬁni4on Support Deﬁni4on Customer Deﬁni4on Technology Infrastructure SaaS Mobility Applica4ons Services Consul4ng Contrac4ng Outsourced Exercise Layer the inventory lists over each other and isolate redundancies and gaps
Polling Ques4on Three What keeps you up at night related to recrui4ng in 2011? A. We need to increase our eﬀorts without increasing our budget. B. We have a great team, but lack the right technology to deliver. C. We have good infrastructure, but the team is stretched beyond capacity. D. We need to rebuild everything, and trying to ﬁgure out where to start. E. Everything is great, but were always open to more ideas.
10. Socialize to associate or mingle sociably with others Open Ques4ons/Answers Elaine Orler Web: www.talennunc4on.com Email: Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org Twiper: elaineorler