2. We started differently• Summer 2011• AIP and AIP/Online culinary faculty selected the Learning Outcomes for the department that would be used for their assessment• Culinary faculty began to develop the information that would be used in the assessment form• Culinary faculty began to collect data
3. Fall 2011• 8-2011 New forms were delivered for Culinary Management Program – CA faculty started to work with the new forms• 8-2011 Newer forms were delivered for Culinary Associates programs – Culinary faculty started to work with the new forms• 11-2011 newer new forms were delivered for the HRM program – Culinary faculty once again started to work with the newer forms
4. Winter2012• All of the forms for Culinary, HRM and B&P were revised and delivered – Culinary faculty started on the newest of the forms• Culinary faculty met with Mike Hoefer to gain some clarity – The Culinary faculty received another set of new forms and were told that they would be the last version • Culinary faculty started on the newest set of assessment forms
5. Data Requirements• Data was to be collected on the grades of the students who graduated in a variety of specific area• Sanitation• Moral and Ethical codes• Cost control• Cooking• Standardization of recipes• Among others
6. Data Collection• Many people throughout the school have been very helpful in gathering the data that was required.• However many of the items that were requested were not available – Much of the data that would have been collected on a local level is now done on a national level and data is no longer available in a departmentalized version
7. Finishing the job• Undaunted, the information for all 6 of the institutional effectiveness documents that are required for the Culinary Department was collected, collated, all the numbers scrunched and all of the information transcribed the Assessment for FY2011-2012 was completed.