1. A battery storeschemical energy.Chemical energyFood is stored chemical energy.This is storedenergy containedin chemical compounds.Chemical energy is released duringchemical reactions.
2. Electrical energyElectric charge travelsthrough wires in a circuit.This is energyproduced by the flowof electric charge.
3. HEATThermal energyenergy transfermovement ofatoms andmoleculesThis is energy whichis released as heat.Energy transfer. When twoobjects at different temperaturesare in contact, heat flows fromthe hotter to the colder object.
4. microwavesElectromagnetic energylightThis is energy storedin electromagneticwaves or radiation.television wavesradio waves
5. Mechanical energyThis is the combination oftwo energies:• kinetic energy• potential energy
6. Mechanical energyThe blocks have potential energy.The falling block has kinetic energybut is losing its potential energy asit falls.The blocks have neitherpotential nor kinetic energy.This is the combination oftwo energies:• kinetic energy• potential energycrane
7. SunNuclear energyenergyThe nucleussplits into twoor more parts.Nuclear fusion energyNuclear fissionThe nucleusjoins toother nuclei.Nuclear power stationAtomic explosionThis is energystored in thenuclei of atoms.